Gemini 2-P / (Wattage Meter Kemper)

• Hey guys,

I’m looking into purchasing a Gemini 2-P to go with my Kemper Power Rack.

I would like to know what the max wattage meter allowance is with the cabinet.

It says it’s 500 watts and each speaker is 250 watts. So does this mean I need to make sure the wattage meter on the Kemper stays below 250 watts?

Furthermore, If I use two of the cabs, what is max wattage meter required on kemper?

Thank you

• The Kabinet is rated at 200 watts. That means it can only handle 200 watts total for a very short interval. Not all the time. Same goes for the powered Kemper at 600 watts -only for a short interval.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• That’s good to know. On the back of the speaker there is a switch for both mono and stereo. So I would just need to switch to mono?

Also, are there any settings I need to change in the kemper for everything to work effectively ?

thanks!

• Hello again!

So I finally have my Gemini 2P speaker and noticed a few things.

I notice that having the Cab set to off in the stack section changes the sound. To me it sounds better with the Cab button set to off. Particularly with the clean profiles when I use effects with synth in the mix, I hear the synth part seems to be more present in front of the clean guitar sound rather than sitting behind, and so with cab off, it seems more balanced.

Is there a right or wrong here or does it come down to preference?

Here are my settings right now:

Monitor Cab Off

Cab button in the stack section un checked (What is the difference with Monitor Cab off & Cab button in stack section?)

Pure Cabinet is Off in the output section (Not sure if I need this)

I also realized that it also works with Kemper Kone selected and with the Cab on in stack section, it actually sounds amazing.. Is this normal? I thought that the Kemper Kone button clicked without using the Kone Cabinet would sound terrible, but it sounds great. I guess because it is meant for digital amps like the Kemper..

Another thing is I understand that the Kemper Power Rack is Mono but they the Gemini speaker can be used in stereo. I read in different forums that there is a way to go stereo however this is where it gets confusing and not sure if I need it or what the difference would be. Main reason is to be able to play with the band and practice, and maybe use it on stage a monitor.

If I have it set up right now in Mono, am I getting the full range of this speaker to project the sound all around the room? I haven't used this with the band yet and I want to make sure that this time, the sound really cuts through enough.

I was using the Kemper One 1x12 then, built my own 4x12, and it still could not cut through at max volume so I went with the Mission Gemini.. I think the difference is that this speaker I am using now pushes air rather than acting as a monitor so the sound seems to project a lot more than before.

Thank you for all your help!

• For clean tones, I turn off both amp and cab sometimes and just use Rig Volume to boost signal. Your ears tell you what is right and wrong.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.