Profile with Two Notes

• I’m really on the fence between the new Quad Cortex and Kemper.

The plus ( for me) of Kemper is that I like to tweak dials etc as opposed to predominantly using editor software and the Kemper seems to be a perfect combination of physical and tech function for me. Also Kemper have been profiling for a long time, established company and gave a large network of commercial and free profiles available.

Negatives to Quad Cortex are touchscreens are no use when the pedal is on the floor ( plenty experience of similar issues), I don’t really like the idea of Wi Fi connection for cloud storage and sharing - too much can go wrong, it’s a new company and if it doesn’t work out I’m left with a unit that does not get updates .

I want to get into profiling my own amps but don’t have the opportunities to do so at volume and I really like the sound I have using a Two Notes Captor X.

so, can I profile an amp running into Captor X directly ( Quad Cortex can) I’m not interested in Direct profiles of amp only and being able to do this would be a deciding factor.

thanks.

• Neural aren’t really a new company. They have been making plugins for sometime. If I understand correctly the guy behind Neural is also the guy that created the Darkglass Bass pedals so they aren’t exactly an unknown quantity. I don’t think you need to worry about them disappearing any time soon.

The touchscreen is a massive turn off for me personally but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

You can profile with the Captor X with the Kemper just the same as you can with the QC. I don’t have a Captor but I do have it’s big brother the Torpedo Reload. There is not doubt that profiles made with the Two Notes do sound different to those made with a DI box between the amp and speaker but the differences are fairly subtle and some actually prefer the Two Notes versions.

• Neural aren’t really a new company. They have been making plugins for sometime. If I understand correctly the guy behind Neural is also the guy that created the Darkglass Bass pedals so they aren’t exactly an unknown quantity. I don’t think you need to worry about them disappearing any time soon.

The touchscreen is a massive turn off for me personally but I seem to be in the minority on that one.

You can profile with the Captor X with the Kemper just the same as you can with the QC. I don’t have a Captor but I do have it’s big brother the Torpedo Reload. There is not doubt that profiles made with the Two Notes do sound different to those made with a DI box between the amp and speaker but the differences are fairly subtle and some actually prefer the Two Notes versions.

Thanks for responding, guess Neural are not that ‘new’ but they’ve never done a processor like this before, may not disappear but may take some time to develop the support infrastructure fully.

Good to know that I can use my Captor X with Kemper, I’ve also got the original Captor and a Cab M to play with so could go the direct profile route as well if the Captor X profiles don’t sound/ feel right.