Wah and Pitch with Expression Pedal not activating like stated in the YouTube tutorial

• Trying to explain it as simple as possible:

Using the Kemper Stage with one Expression Pedal (Zoom FP02M).

Connected to input 3 - out of the box setting "Wah".

Setting Wah to Vol and Wah to Pitch is activated.

When I have the Volume on 100% and activate the pitch or Wah stomp they are on 100% each - means, the pitch is up 1 or 2 octaves, depending on the effect in toe position, when switching on e.g. stomp A.

When I switch the stomp off the Vol stays at 100%, even if the Pedal is set to 50%.

I watched the Kemper Expression Pedal Tutorial (German and English) several times now, and they only make the example with Morph to Wah and Pitch and they state that "the pedal has to be brought to heel position after switching on the stomp, before the effect is active". Which is not the case for me currently. But I have to move the expression pedal after switching of the stomp to make it a volume pedal again...?

My goal is:

Having Volume on 100%, switching on a Wah or Pitch stomp, but nothing changes.

Moving the expression pedal to heel and from there the Pitch and/or Wah starts working.

Moving the expression pedal back to heel (or where ever) and switching of the stomp - effect is off, but volume is not affected.

Moving the expression pedal IF I want to change the volume now.

• The pedal links work as intended in current OS versions. You can simulate and observe the behavior on page Pedal Links in System/Pedal Settings.

If WahPedal to Volume and WahPedal to Pitch are activated and no wah and no pedal pitch effect are active, all three controllers for Wah, Pitch, and Volume Pedal constantly follow the moves of the Wah Pedal. If you activate a wah or a pedal pitch effect, the current pedal position is immediatly applied to those effects. As soon as you activate a wah effect or a pedal pitch effect or both, the controller of Volume Pedal freezes in its current position and doesn't follow the moves anymore. If you deactivate the wah and pitch effects, the controller of the Volume Pedal doesn't jump to the current pedal position, but is softly catched following pedal moves from its current position. We intend to avoid volume jumps. If you load another Rig, the controller for Wah and Volume Pedal maintain their last positions, while the controller of Pedal Pitch is reset to heel, which we see as the default position of pedal pitch effects.

We are currently not planning any functional changes in this area.

• But your video tutorial states that: when pitch effect is activated you have to go to heel first to get it started (explained with Morph->Pitch).

This is not true for Wah->Vol & Wah->Pitch

The pitch started at +24 directly.

And I was told that this is wrong and will be corrected.

My issue is NOT the volume pedal behavior you are pointing at, but the Wah and Pitch effect behavior.

• I will stop answering here after what is my final comment:

The tutorial video for expression pedals is unclear as a minimum, when it comes to the activation of the "pitch". At least for me, it would be more preferable to have the choice that Wah and minimum Pitch will only start after going to heel position to be closer to how I know e.g. a Morley Wah, or a Whammy.

The way it works at the moment on my unit and the feedback from friends it is impractical - as a minimum for Pitch jumping 24 tones at ones when just shutting on the stomp box in an active rig - feels super unnatural for the effect, but you cannot solve it with only one expression pedal.

This programming forces you to have at least two expression pedal for a "natural workflow" with the effect, or for a Morley feel Wah; and as it is possible to have something programmed for the rig change (as described above) why can't this be a general check box to choose?

And the Forum guys should be aligned with the Hotline - telling one guy on the hotline one thing and another guy in the Forum something else makes an uncoordinated impression.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Watch the Kemper Video from around 8:05 where it says "take into account pitch function must always be picked up from the heel" - which implies that what is going on with my setup is wrong - having the pitch jumping in at 100%! And no word about having to load a rig with an active pitch effect from one without an active pitch effect.

Which totally contradicts what you were saying earlier...

Also, watch from 11:20. This is the setup I tried to recreate (single pedal).

But in the Video the guy uses the pedal as Volume, shuts it down to 0 (!) switches to Wah and the sound is loud (mine stays silent), then switches to pitch and it is loud again (mine still stays silent as the Vol is a 0).

This behavior is directly different to what you wrote in one of your replies of a "frozen volume" the moment you switch on a Wah or Pitch.

Can you explain that? Or what the setting behind that has to be for the Vol?

• The level of the volume pedal is maintained except, if it is below 25%. The logic is assuming that nobody intends to shift wah nor pitch via pedal, while volume is turned down completely. So, if the pedal volume is below 25%, it is raised to 25%, so that you hear something. This is an element of the pedal link logic that has evolved over time.

These pedal links have their limitations. Depending on what you intend to do there can be logical conflicts. We are currently not planning to make it even more complex adding more options.