New Kemper Drive Handling under practical aspects of view

• ckemper

Hallo,

I have the following request concerning the new Kemper Drive Feature.

Question:

Why is it not possible to Indicate or display the name of the selected Distortion Pedal under Kemper Drive conditions in the Box of the Signal Path in the Rig Manager or under

the Stomp view feature on the profiler ? Does't matter what i load, "via Drag and drop" in the Kemper drive Box it always indicates Kemper Drive. For the reason that only 6 of the same parameters changed to sound like different types of Distortionpedals it is not possible in a Live Situation to Remember "What is What" ! You cant have the print of the pdf File where all the Parameters are explained and indicate, like "What Parameter setting belongs to what Pedal" with you.

Request:

for Example:

Name the 808 Max or the 808 Min and all the others in the the same way like they are and what hey stay for and not only "Kemper Drive" with specific settings of the modelled Pedal.

From my point of view it would be much easier to remember in live situation what Pedal I have configured when i do a preparation for the lives situations.

Thanks and greetings from Nieder-Olm in Germany

Roland Mengedoth

• Think of the Kemper Drive like a hardware stompbox on your pedalboard. It will always be labelled "Kemper Drive", won't change its name. But there are presets (stored settings) you can recall to make it sound similar to e.g. a 808 Max. But once you change any parameter it won't be an 808 at max anymore. The pedal will still be a "Kemper Drive" though.

• Kemper have stayed many times over the years that they believe it is not logical or appropriate to show preset names once these have been loaded. They see presets as a starting point not a destination. The argument is that as soon as you tweak any parameter you no longer have the preset but a new sound. Basically, it is unlikely that this stance will change.