Alan Murphy style profile. . . anyone? (please!)

• Hi folks. I've been reminiscing one of my all-time favorite guitarists - Alan Murphy (Level 42; Go West; Mike & The Mechanics, etc). I just WISH I could emulate that solo tone that he used to get.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried to profile a similar tone? ('Wheresthedug'... I see you are a fan, too!!)

I'd be happy to pay! (a little!) :)

Thanks, Mick.

• Hi Mick,

I think there are a lot of Mesa MK II and Fender Super Champ Profiles out there but as many other said: the sound

is in your fingers ;)

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• I haven’t really tried but obviously Alan’s secret sauce was his little Super Champ and magic fingers.

I’m not sure if Martin Waugh is on the forum or not but Martin os a tone monster and killer player who is a massive Alan Murphy fan (he has Alan’s famous GoWest white Aria). He recently switched from big Mesa rigs to a Kemper Stage. If anyone can nail the Alan Murphy sound its Martin.

• Where'stheDug! Thank you again, for your help, insight and support! If I still lived in Glasgow (Houston, the village.... rather than Houston, the Texas metropolis I have since moved to!) I'd buy you lots of beer as a thanks!

(I'd probably also try to talk you into coming over and help me set everything up, cos I still get confused!! :))