Wha pedal toe off range setting.

• Ok I have my wah pedal set for "toe off" Sometimes the pedal bumps up just a tiny bit when I take my foot off and doesn't shut the wah off. Is there a way to adjust the range of off at toe?

For instance, lets say the pedal is on from 0 to 126 and at 127 it is off. Is there a way to set it so it is off starting at 125-127 for example?

If not, I was thinking a workaround might be to put a penny under the pedal and re calibrate & remove penny so that when up a bit the Kemper thinks it's all the way down? (guessing by reading this is what I will have to try)

I see there is a pedal range control that I'm assuming will change where in the pedal travel the wah crosses over (closer to heel/closer to toe) but I don't think this is the adjustment I'm looking for, I'm looking for a way to increase the width of the upper range the Kemper thinks it should be off.

Not a big deal, but is there a way to adjust how quick the fade out starts and the the fade out time of the wah effect for off at stop and off at toe/heel? It seems to be set fine the way it is, I was just wondering....

• Have you tried the bypass at stop? I use that setting and it just shuts off as soon as you stop moving your foot.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• Have you tried the bypass at stop? I use that setting and it just shuts off as soon as you stop moving your foot.

I haven't, I was afraid if I held a wah position to play (like I often do) it would shut off on me. I like the toe shutoff, i just want to adjust the stop down a few midi numbers.

• Yeah - that could be a problem, I use very slight movement when holding a sound and it seems to work OK but I usually have some movement while using it. They are pricey (149.00 US) but I have a Mission Engineering pedal EP1-KP, I don't use it this way but you can use the toe switch to turn on and off the wah function.

I think that´s annoying as hell ... Sometimes you want that flat out sharp "screwdriver in the ear" toe sound

for a longer time than one second , and then it just turns off ..... :cursing:

Same with the "off at toe or heel position" ......

I turn wah on/off with switch on my Voodoo Lab Pro :thumbup:

But that´s me :wacko:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• With off at toe, I can hold that high sound no problem, once the pedal gets at the top of the range, there is some movement before it gets to the shutoff point where the wah doesn't get any brighter..

• Yeah - I know what you mean, Santana seems like he uses the wah on for everything, another option is to assign the wah to one of the onboard switches or make another rig in the performance with the Wah on and switch back and forth between the rigs. Or you could leave the wah on and set the mix to 0% and 100% at morph.

• Yeah - I know what you mean, Santana seems like he uses the wah on for everything, another option is to assign the wah to one of the onboard switches or make another rig in the performance with the Wah on and switch back and forth between the rigs. Or you could leave the wah on and set the mix to 0% and 100% at morph.

That's exactly what am trying to get away from-tap dancing from a switch to the wah and back. When you sing lead and play lead, you can't be looking down at your feet that much aiming at switches like you can if you just play guitar , I want to step on the pedal and go.

• That's exactly what am trying to get away from-tap dancing from a switch to the wah and back. When you sing lead and play lead, you can't be looking down at your feet that much aiming at switches like you can if you just play guitar , I want to step on the pedal and go.

Yeah that is why I like the bypass at stop and I don't even sing lead!, but I think for you the Mission Pedal would be a good option, it acts just like a real Wah pedal with the toe switch on it. - That being said you should try the bypass at stop option first, it might save you 150!

• Yeah that is why I like the bypass at stop and I don't even sing lead!, but I think for you the Mission Pedal would be a good option, it acts just like a real Wah pedal with the toe switch on it. - That being said you should try the bypass at stop option first, it might save you 150!

Yeah for sure I am not buying one of those. Too much for an expression. I'll try my penny idea tonight. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to be more careful taking my foot off of toe down. It works OK now but slightly unpredictable and live, I don't want to have to re tap.

• Yeah for sure I am not buying one of those. Too much for an expression. I'll try my penny idea tonight. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to be more careful taking my foot off of toe down. It works OK now but slightly unpredictable and live, I don't want to have to re tap.

Especially when you are ending a lead and starting to sing the next verse! Your penny idea sounds like it would work, please let us know if it does. Also Do you only use the Wah on leads? If so how do you boost your leads?

• I might use the wah on a rhythm or lead. I have the tap button set to morph lead volumes with rig volume. Just one tap in and the original button to reset everything. That way if I decided to tap in a phaser or delay or something at a whim, I don't have to untap everything, I just hit the "reset" button.

• I might use the wah on a rhythm or lead. I have the tap button set to morph lead volumes with rig volume. Just one tap in and the original button to reset everything. That way if I decided to tap in a phaser or delay or something at a whim, I don't have to untap everything, I just hit the "reset" button.

Right on, thanks, I always like to get opinions on real life uses for the Kemper. I just set all my performances up that way too, it seems easier and you don't have to think about which button to hit because it is always the same one. I was going to say if you only used the Wah for leads you could have used the Wah always on at 0 percent in the mix and 100 percent mix on morph but that won't work for you. Good Luck with the penny, I think you are on to something there!

• The pedal autocalibrates if it detects a larger range so the penny idea is not likely to work unfortunately.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Yeah for sure I am not buying one of those. Too much for an expression. I'll try my penny idea tonight. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to be more careful taking my foot off of toe down. It works OK now but slightly unpredictable and live, I don't want to have to re tap.

They are massively over priced for what they are and they aren't even great as expression pedals but they are the perfect soluolution for wah.

I don't trust any of the bypass@...... Options as pedals move by themselves as they age and stage vibration can also cause them to trigger. The only soluolution I trust is a physical switch but I don't want to tapdance between the remote and my way so the Mission is unfortunately the only game in town other than DIY alteration to an old Crybaby (which is a cheap and simple job if you want to do it).

You idea of allowing a slight buffer on the range would work well though so might be worth raising it in the feature request section.

• You idea of allowing a slight buffer on the range would work well though so might be worth raising it in the feature request section.

I was checking first to see if it had it already and I missed it in the manual. I will ask in feature requests!

For now I have been trusting it and and when convenient, I switch it off. For the most part it's OK but having a buffer would be nice and possibly not that hard to implement. I don't like to ask to solve every little gripe, but this seems like something that others would appreciate as well.

• Have you considered using Bypass at Heel? Perhaps this "pedal bumps up just a tiny bit when I take my foot off" doesn't happen in heel position.

Bypass at Heel as well as Bypass as Toe already have a grace area by the way.

• Have you considered using Bypass at Heel?

I'd trust it less. Vibration from the kick drum or jumping/stomping on stage could shake it down. We move around a lot! Down seems to work for the most part, I'd just prefer a little bigger "grace area" Right now it only seems to be less than half a millimeter of my pedal travel.