LF Kemper advice for live shows...Mesa/Friedman Tribute band

• Hi all. I have a powered toaster and have been using it for a cover band for years. Works excellent and would never trade that setup. I run it into a Kabinet for practice as I love the amp in room sound and a zitone cab live and it works just fine. My issue is with a tribute act I play in as I currently still lug around a Mesa RoadKing ( like 100lbs) and a 2x12. I have yet to take the Kabinet to the tribute act practice as I have never been satisfied with the replication of my Mesa RoadKing in a live practice setting. I have tried many profiles from MESA to Marshall to Friedman. Can anyone comment on their experience regarding this? Perhaps Its impossible to replicate the road king pushing the 2x12 at some good volume with a powerhead toaster and Kabinet. Right now I am looking at a Friedman BE-50 Deluxe amp online and thinking of pulling the trigger, but would really like to use my Kemper. Thoughts on practice/live setup? The cover band is small venue whereas the tribute bands plays huge venues. FWIW I am not a fan of in-ears as I like to hear organically the stage and audience.

• Are you saying that you have profiled the Mesa and cab and aren't satisfied with the result? or that you aren't satisfied with someone else's profiles that you've used to try to replicate your sound? I would have thought an actual profile of your physical setup would come pretty close. Dumping the 100 pounder is a worthy goal.

• I have really only been using other folks profiles - all the big names, do you believe that using the Kemper Kabinet will give me the thump and cabinet feel. BTW - its a foo fighters Tribute band

• I actually wish I could just pass my Guitar and setup to someone and have them setup all the profiles I need for 2 hours of music. I think I just have ear fatigue at this point and cannot tell what sounds good vs what does't.

• You have a few options all of which are simple to test.

You like your own 2x12 cabinet so firstly try running the KPA into this for the Tribute Band.

If this gets you close then make some direct or merged profiles of your own Road King settings and run these through the 2x12. If you do merged then you can have your sound on stage and still send direct to FOH. If you only do Direct then you will need to add a cabinet for FOH or have them mic your 2x12.

Alternatively, buy a couple of Jones and stick them in your 2x12.

In all cases I would definitely try making your own profiles of your personal Road King tones. Nobody knows the tone you want better than you.

• I would start with doing your own profile and that should nail the tone. If the Kabinet doesn't push enough air you could run it through your 2x12. That's the great advantage of the Kemper. You can clone your setup, relieve your back and simplify your life at no extra cost.