NGD 2021 thread

• I had to go look at my Sweetwater account history...

TCE Helix Phaser

TCE Mimiq Stereo

Digitech Freqout

Jacskon SDX strat

ESP Viper-1000

I actually ordered the TCE pedals last year but had to wait for restock.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• A traitor in your midst, lol! Not selling the Kemper, I just figured I need to delve into some other kinds of digital processors at this stage in my musical journey. Pretty good deal, all things considered. That's a Korg Rack Tuner above the Kemper, and a midi board and Gator case thrown in.

Long term plan is to use it with the Kemper in a wet-dry-wet setup.

Anyone with experience with one of these or an FM3, enlighten me.

• I really can't see any Kemper???;)

But the Kemper is all in your head it seems?! Even if you are cheating your best friend with this slut in lacy lingerie - all you can think of is still Kemper!

Face it!! 8o:D:D:D

Lol, I assure you, the Kemper very much remains in the picture. I'm just trying to setup a situation where I can have a threesome :D

• Love the JVM. :love:

My only criticism of the amp is it can be quite noisy. Apart from that it's easily one of my all-time-fave amps, AJ.

Rockin' bro'. 8)

It is a pretty awesome amp. Has more gain on tap than any other amp I've tried. The amp is only noisy at ridiculous amounts of gain really, I'd never need that much, and usually use it on the orange mode for the high gain channels.

• Alrighty, this is going to be my last post on this thread. At the rate it's going, you'd think I'm the only one on the forum who buys gear haw haw!

You'll love this though. I've been gassing for a Mark IIC+ for years now, but it's always been out of reach. A friend came out of the blue though and offered me some awesome gear that is finally going to help me achieve that dream.

1) Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp - This is basically a Mark 2C+ on one channel and a Mark III on the other.

2) Rectifier Stereo 2:100 Power Amp - This is basically the power section of a Dual or Triple Rectifier. Stereo amp with 100 watts on each side.

It's the marriage of a Mark series preamp and a Rectifier power amp that I've been dreaming of.

What would you call the pairing? A RectoMark? A Marrecto? :D

Seriously, pinch me, good dreams do come true.

Should be my last post on this thread for a while, I'm flat broke bwahahaha

Oi, where's all the stuff you guys bought this year, spit it out! :)

• Lots of new gear this year

PA Two Bose L1 Pro 32 with Sub1 subwoofers

In-Ear Monitors Sennheiser EW IEM G4-TWIN - Double Wireless In-Ear-Monitor-System

The system above comes with in-ears that are certainly usable, but I wanted to get something more upscale.

I just got the Sennheiser IE 400 PRO – Dynamic In-Ear Monitoring Headphones and Sennheiser IE 500 PRO – Dynamic In-Ear Monitoring Headphones

I haven't decided which I like best although I'm leaning toward the IE 400 Pro for critical listening (tracking, mixing, listening to learn) and the IE 500 Pro for monitoring on stage.
    Lots of other stuff. I'll get to that later.

• Strangely enough, I've never owned in-ears. How do you like the Bose, I always wanted to invest in one of their systems, but couldn't justify it given how little I gig. Playing on monitors or through a cab for me, since it isn't critical for me at the moment. Want a pair though.

• No new gear for me since the last guitar.

I find myself strangely contented with what I have. Enough guitars to cover all the bases, a Kemper that covers all the amps, all the studio hardware / software that I want and a keyboard that can do far more than I can. Every time I look at a magazine's gear reviews, all that goes through my head is, "Got that. Don't need that. Oh, mine's way better than that. Yep, got that, too..."

It's a life without GAS. Honestly, I just don't know what to do with myself.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Strangely enough, I've never owned in-ears. How do you like the Bose, I always wanted to invest in one of their systems, but couldn't justify it given how little I gig. Playing on monitors or through a cab for me, since it isn't critical for me at the moment. Want a pair though.

I was an early adopter of the Bose L1 seventeen years ago. Although you can use them as conventional PA speakers (FOH for small-medium venues), I loved the concept of a personal PA/backline where each player has their own and takes responsibility for their sound. I was tired of being the guitar player/sound guy (for everybody). Anyway, that's a long story. So how do I like it? Well enough to have bought the latest model and be happy with it. Unless you're doing sound for a band (FOH) or running stereo, you only need one.

I run the Bose L1 behind me (as intended), so I don't need monitors. Getting the in-ears was a huge departure for me. I got interested in the idea because of things I read here, in the Kemper community. People were talking about headphones and wireless headphones and tracking/recording. I have consumer headphones that are great for recreational listening - consuming music. They aren't for creating music. So I thought I'd get some good in-ears to have the experience.

I don't like wearing headphones when I'm playing guitar. I feel hemmed in, isolated. But I'm fine playing while using the in-ears, although I'm still getting used to singing with them. I hear things with the IE 400 Pro and IE 500 Pro I've never heard in headphones.

• No new gear for me since the last guitar.

I find myself strangely contented with what I have. Enough guitars to cover all the bases, a Kemper that covers all the amps, all the studio hardware / software that I want and a keyboard that can do far more than I can. Every time I look at a magazine's gear reviews, all that goes through my head is, "Got that. Don't need that. Oh, mine's way better than that. Yep, got that, too..."

It's a life without GAS. Honestly, I just don't know what to do with myself.

I know the feeling, that's how I felt when I got my first Kemper. I only got my first tube amp three years after that though, and I honestly prefer the sound of playing an amp versus playing my Kemper through monitors. I later got a powered Kemper and then an unpowered Kemper and a power amp, and things were much better then.

Still, one of the best parts of having your own tube amps is profiling your own sounds. When I started, I barely knew what I was doing, but as time went by, I started getting better sounds than what I was getting with some of the commercial profiles I own.

Better is subjective, of course. I just like crafting my own tones as opposed to going with something that somebody created based on their own rig.

I was an early adopter of the Bose L1 seventeen years ago. Although you can use them as conventional PA speakers (FOH for small-medium venues), I loved the concept of a personal PA/backline where each player has their own and takes responsibility for their sound. I was tired of being the guitar player/sound guy (for everybody). Anyway, that's a long story. So how do I like it? Well enough to have bought the latest model and be happy with it. Unless you're doing sound for a band (FOH) or running stereo, you only need one.

I run the Bose L1 behind me (as intended), so I don't need monitors. Getting the in-ears was a huge departure for me. I got interested in the idea because of things I read here, in the Kemper community. People were talking about headphones and wireless headphones and tracking/recording. I have consumer headphones that are great for recreational listening - consuming music. They aren't for creating music. So I thought I'd get some good in-ears to have the experience.

I don't like wearing headphones when I'm playing guitar. I feel hemmed in, isolated. But I'm fine playing while using the in-ears, although I'm still getting used to singing with them. I hear things with the IE 400 Pro and IE 500 Pro I've never heard in headphones.

I've only been able to monitor my Kemper with regular headphones, a real cab or studio monitors. The L1 seemed really promising, in that it has excellent sound projection. Still, doesn't fit my requirement at the moment. How is the reproduction of profiles versus studio monitors?

As far as the IEMs, no idea what you mean by heading things that you've never heard before! Do you mean a more coherent mix?

• Are you using them into your Kemper, or with an alternative setup?

I am using them with my amps. Which reminds me that I didn't list the most expensive purchase that I made this year. I bought a Friedman Twin Sister head. I also bought a Celestion Creamback 75 and put it in a Fender cabinet that I already had to use with the head. I am still waiting on the Friedman cabinet. They have been on backorder for nearly this whole year.

Even though I love my Kemper, I still love OD pedals. I have a bit of a collection of them. My theory is that if I ever liked an OD pedal with an amp, I keep it. There will be a day when that OD pedal is the one I am looking for to pair it up with another OD pedal or a specific amp.

• I just realized that I also bought the Fryette PS-100 earlier this year... Wow, I have spent a lot of money this year. Last year I bought two high end Telecasters...

Haha, yeah, that is a tonne of money. I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the year probably. Really going to enjoy this new setup I've got. Make some profiles as well to practice my micing technique and work on my mixing.