NGD 2021 thread

• Haha, yeah, that is a tonne of money. I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the year probably. Really going to enjoy this new setup I've got. Make some profiles as well to practice my micing technique and work on my mixing.

I need to find a way to get motivated to get creative and do some recording. I was thinking about looking for someone to collaborate with to see if I could get something going. I have a pretty decent recording system that I never use. I would love to do more mixing and mastering for people. I really enjoy doing that. I am a techie kind of guy. I like doing live mixing too. I could probably pick up some live mixing gigs but I am not real fond of being up so late these days.

• <snip>

I've only been able to monitor my Kemper with regular headphones, a real cab or studio monitors. The L1 seemed really promising, in that it has excellent sound projection. Still, doesn't fit my requirement at the moment. How is the reproduction of profiles versus studio monitors?

I don't know because I haven't done a comparison. If you've got a keen eye, you'll spot the Bose L1 columns in these pictures from NAMM 2019.

As far as the IEMs, no idea what you mean by heading things that you've never heard before! Do you mean a more coherent mix?

There's something more direct about the experience. Yesterday I was listening closely to some of the great rhythm chops in Robben Ford's version of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. I was able to hear what he was doing better with the in-ears than I had previously been able to do with my consumer-grade headphones.