CPU used in Stage versus traditional Profiler

• So recently I had an opportunity to visit a buddy with his Kemper Stage to play along. And what I noticed is that his Stage powers up 2~3 times faster, than my 2012 Toaster. This would indicate newer processor (or optimized code?). Has anybody else had a chance to compare that?

• This isn't meant as negativity, but on a thread where I was asking some questions ST pointed out a number of differences and some limitations in the stage as compared to a toaster / rack. Is it possible that it's faster because it's doing less work in terms of features? More a point of intellectual curiosity than anything else.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• It would not surprise me if the cpu, which I believe is an arm cpu, was updated. Might be the one on the daughter board in the original systems? That wouldn't change the capabilities of the DSP in my opinion. Just general housekeeping tasks like a sped up OS boot.

• Boot up is loading the OS from non-volatile flash storage and scanning the stored presets etc. A faster CPU and storage chip could expedite all of this considerably. There has been exponential growth in the processing power of ARM chips in the 10 years since the Toaster was released and the density and data rates of storage have improved a lot also.