Another Kabinet EQ question (which might not have easy answer)

• Beginner Kemper user (had it for 6 months but with a 3 month hiatus in there). I've now got a GREAT sound going through my headphones ... like, really loving it.

I recently got a Kabinet and it sounds very very different through the cabinet, even when using the it in quasi-FRFR mode. I know this is "obvious" and the whole point is it is *supposed* to sound different through the Kabinet.

But to me it is different worse: I'm hearing WAY more treble and also less gain. I'm a fusion/blues/soul/jazz guy so my profiles are usually in the 2-3 gain level, which I'll boost with a mouse or TS. And it sounds great through the headphones ... but gain feels a solid "1 gain level" lower through the Kabinet.

Any ideas? I've started to play around with EQ but before I experiment too deeply there I'm wondering if there is anything obvious I'm missing.

• As the guy with the other Kabinet EQ thread I suppose there’s a list of things to consider here:

Did you turn bass boost on?

Have you dialed in some “sweetening” to get rid of treble?

When you listen through headphones, do you plug them directly into the Kemper or into your DAW?

1 bar of gain more means there need to be different output levels between Kab and headphones or you’re creating some slight distortion in the headphones/DAW.

Could also be that your monitor EQ (which includes the cabinet) has a different EQ setting than your headphone out. Have you tried resetting your settings?

Also make sure “space” is turned off on the headphones when comparing to the Kabinet.

• Thanks for the tips to try! I haven't systematically played with: bass boost, sweetening, or comparing monitor EQ vs. headphone EQ.

These seem like very logical things to try, thanks!

• What I’ve done is A/B the headphone sound with my cabinet sound. A bit tedious, back and forth

Adjusting the eq monitor out until it sounds as good or in my case better than my headphones.