Kemper stage crashes randomly

• Can anyone explain please, why my Stage will randomly display a message saying "something unexpected has occurred, please contact support"...

It still produces sound but I need to re-start the unit to snap it out of this. It will then perform fine. Thing is, I just can't trust it for live use.

All latest firmware installed.

Does this happen to any other users?

Thanks.

• Hi, I use midi clock from my DAW for bpm changes then sending out of the Stage to another effects unit with pc changes when different rigs are selected. Do you think this may cause issues?... .. It worked perfectly when I was using a Boss gt1000 in the same circumstance.

• Yep, I've had a reply from support this morning and they have said to disable midi clock.

Fair play, they got back to me reasonably quickly. I really want the Stage to send midi clock out to my time based effects units though.

• Exactly the same here. Midi clock send is a known and (seems to be a) bigger issue with the stage, that has not been solved since day 1 of my stages.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio