Tuner Accuracy in OS 8.0.6

• Hi guys, been using kemper since 2016, from powered head to stage

Recently I have brought it to gigs and found that the tuner seems to be inaccurate

I have compared it to polytune clip tuner and also the harmonics on the strings.

The situation is more serious with my martin D35 through stock pickup.

Any clues?

Spec:

Kemper Stage

OS 8.0.6

• The tuner is not inaccurate. It used be though. I'm no the only one here that compared the tuner with good hardware tuners and can confirm the kemper tuner is very accurate. It seems its your clip tuner is the problem. For best possible tuning and intonation a clip tuner is not the best for the job.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• The tuner is not inaccurate. It used be though. I'm no the only one here that compared the tuner with good hardware tuners and can confirm the kemper tuner is very accurate. It seems its your clip tuner is the problem. For best possible tuning and intonation a clip tuner is not the best for the job.

Thank you for your reply. However I did checked the harmonics and also with a polytune tuner pedal, the Kemper seems to be out of tune. Any of you is experiencing this? Thank you

• Personally, I have not noticed the Kemper tuner being different to a Korg Rack, or a clip on tuner.

I used to be obsessed by tuning, but cured myself by getting an Evertune guitar:-)

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I love my Snark tuner...it’s all I ever use.

• Try using the Kemper tuner with a slinky springed floyd rose - you drop all kinds of pennies. ;) Much easier to do with my Polytune or Snark.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Try using the Kemper tuner with a slinky springed floyd rose - you drop all kinds of pennies. ;) Much easier to do with my Polytune or Snark.

I have a 1983 Pacer imperial with OFR Schaller. Tunes rock solid. Fret buzz and artifacts are usually the culprit with tuners being odd. The best tuner I've ever used was the one in the Gmajor 2. Worst was in my 1101 but it was not so bad that I had to use a pedal tuner. I find the one in Kemper to be fine. I checked it against a Peterson and it was right on. Personally I would never use a clip on, it looks so amateurish even when I saw Lynch or Gilbert use one live it makes me cringe. They might as well have a beer holder on their mic stand and an Ipad holder on the other side and go full garage band.

• Personally I would never use a clip on, it looks so amateurish even when I saw Lynch or Gilbert use one live it makes me cringe. They might as well have a beer holder on their mic stand and an Ipad holder on the other side and go full garage band.

:D:D:D

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Personally I would never use a clip on, it looks so amateurish even when I saw Lynch or Gilbert use one live it makes me cringe. They might as well have a beer holder on their mic stand and an Ipad holder on the other side and go full garage band.

I've heard this complaint over and over. Got to the point where I'd put one on the headstock just to piss people off.

Actually - I think at one point, I put two or three on at the same time. A friend was giving the band grief about it, so why not?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited 2 times, last by Ruefus ().

• Doesn't piss me off anymore than someone would flapping their arms around and clucking like a chicken in a job interview.

Done something quite similar as well. Tends to get a rise out of people. :/

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hey Brianllun,

Just noticed same issue, turned out my reference pitch was somehow set above 440Hz. Dialled it back again and happy days!

8)

• Hey Brianllun,

Just noticed same issue, turned out my reference pitch was somehow set above 440Hz. Dialled it back again and happy days!

8)

This has happened to me a number of times in the last couple of years...usually it changes to 439Hz and sometimes when I change it back to 440 it jumps back to 439 again after a few seconds ...

• Mine is at 440 and the damn bubble bounces + and (-) cents, Sometimes 20 cents from zero, even if I barely strike the string. Doesn't matter if I do 12th harmonics. Yes, all my guitars have pro setups.

• Mine is at 440 and the damn bubble bounces + and (-) cents, Sometimes 20 cents from zero, even if I barely strike the string. Doesn't matter if I do 12th harmonics. Yes, all my guitars have pro setups.

Try tuning using only the neck pickup with the tone pot rolled all the way down. Usually it’s the high frequencies above the fundamental that throw tuners off. If your pickups have a lot of high frequency energy, that could be the cause.

• Try tuning using only the neck pickup with the tone pot rolled all the way down. Usually it’s the high frequencies above the fundamental that throw tuners off. If your pickups have a lot of high frequency energy, that could be the cause.

Tried, and even try during coil-spit and using a no-load tone pot up and down. Just bouncing all over. I can tune the guitar but the bubble will not remain steady -- even when cutting off all outside sound and noise and just letting the guitar sit by itself. I hate using it.

• Tried, and even try during coil-spit and using a no-load tone pot up and down. Just bouncing all over. I can tune the guitar but the bubble will not remain steady -- even when cutting off all outside sound and noise and just letting the guitar sit by itself. I hate using it.

Try the Strobe Tuner.