Upgrading to latest OS version from 5.7.8.14528

• When implementing Kemper Profiler OS updates from 5.7.8 should I do the 6.0, then 7.1 etc... or can I just jump to a certain version. 3

1. Incremental (2) 67%
    2. Jump to version (1) 33%

Hello there. I have had my Kemper for about 8 months now. I sure do dig it. Hit it hard the first two months and then did one rock show with a scorpions tribute band for hire gig with it which went REALLY WELL. So slick to get on and off stage reasonably quick and have a KLILLER SOUNDING RIG that feeds front of house and still had my monitor. Actually tried it out on pedal steel and its blasphemy in a good way. it sounds smooth as silk... although the pedal board is a bit cumbersome to fit under the pedal steel.. have to locate it off to the side. So it would be nice to have a smaller version of the pedal to activate reverb, delay. Been getting more country shows but I have an EVH show coming up and have been crankin the brown sounds. I cant tell you how pleased I with this rigs flexibility. It is out of this world good. Been so dang busy with things that I am only now getting around to familiarizing and updating it.

So I have a dilemma - bought some rigs that are different file extensions and do not work with this version of OS. So I have the VH brown sounds installed KPIG version files but now KRIEG files are not loaded and I have a few profiles I picked up which are KRIG and would like to use. So naturally have to update the OS which is now at 7.3xx So the question is should I do the 6.0, then 7.1 etc... or can I just jump to a certain version. I feel like calling customer service to discuss. But thought it wise to appeal to the masses then go get some cheap sun glasses.

My inclination is to step up through the revisions to the latest greatest. if so which versions. Also It looks like I will have to update the rig manager as well so its a fairly cumbersome proceeding to do both but I will do what ever it takes to get all the feature on this baby up and start makin some smokin hot riffage!

• Hi, markcool,

Welcome to the community.

If you have OS version 5.7.8, you MUST install version 7.32 first

To upgrade classical PROFILER models via USB memory stick from OS versions before OS 7.3, OS 7.3.2 needs to be installed first!

Older versions than OS 7.3 on classical models don't recognize this new integrated OS revision.

For this purpose OS 7.3.2 can be found on the Download Page at Older Software Versions:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…8/Older-Software-Versions

After you update to OS 7.3.2, you can upgrade to version 8.0.6

Here are some important resources for you,

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ?

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos (videos) ?

? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

? Kemper FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

• OK Version 8 is up and running .... Took about 30 to 40 minutes to update from 5.7.8 to 8.0. First pass through all the presets were just as funtional. foot pedals and switches all functional. I will dig in more tomorrow. Thank you for the coach, ST !

• ok its one AM and I have a definate NOTICABLE difference in tone. I believe its sounding better and I do not believe its a cognitive bias due to the fact that I just completed these upgrades. The phaser on the EVH rig is much more REAL. clarity brought out in the sublte shifts in frequency. seems to add more body. Plus the cleans are we.. same. seems like a bit more harmonically rich in tone. perhaps other rigs are impact but thats it for tonight gotta call it. Peace out.

• Well I have spent approximately 18 hours playing and testing and playing and trying new things since I did the upgrades. I have a GIGANTIC smile. Proceeding to getting performances set up (went fairly quickly with the remote software) and utilizing some of the great features. I have to say, its easier and faster than my midi pedal board. Go figure. Excited to try profiling my amps.

I have played acoustic through it, played electric through it ( everything from Red Hot Chili Peppers and Johnny Cash to Led Zeppelin and Van Halen). Played acoustic guitar, single and double coil electrics, and my pedal steel. Going to try some other instruments but generally with a bit of tweaking I can have a one stop shop for acoustic and electric.

The Kemper sure is handy for performing musician. All I can say is WOW. WOW WOW WOW this thing is versatile. Its changing my game. Thanks for the update coaches - the Kemper was worth every penny.