Problems recording

• Hi forum mates!

I'm new with the Kemper (just three weeks) and also recording guitars at home. I want to record the riffs I create in order to have a backup of my ideas in a safer place than in my mind (I use to forget melodies and riffs, LOL), so I grabbed the laptop and connected the KPA directly to laptop's mic input because I have no external soundcard. My first attempt was using the main 1/4" outs and everthing went fine, but in order to simplify I tried with monitor out 1/4" but only was able to record some kind of noise, clicks & pops. Also happened the same when tried SPIF out (with the appropiated spdif cable). And this is strange because the monitor out works perfectly when playing the KPA live with a poweramp & cabinet, with and without cab sim.

What I am doing wrong with monitor & spdif outs?

• yes, that's a very strange matter...Also, from the spdif out the signal comes as from the send out: ready for reamp, with no amp or fx processing....

• I am not sure if this is the answer, but when I record into Logic set at 48 Khts, I get the clicks and pops. I change to 44,1 Khtz and everything is fine. You have to make sure that you match sample rates with SPDIF. With analog outs it is more a question of your levels.