How do you make the Profiler LEDs blink OFF and ON randomly?

• I just seen a video of a guy giving guitar tips and I assume he was playing a profile thru his Kemper rackmount. The LED's were blinking off and on randomly but sort of an overall pattern. How do you do that? 8)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Heh I noticed that too. Looked cool.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Surely you guys are old-enough to remember the effects of filming fluorescent lighting?

Same thing. The light flashes ON x number of times a second. In between those flashes it's OFF, the light quickly fading. So it's pulsing, but quickly-enough for most not to notice. Some folks are sensitive to it, as am I. I've found LED's to be way better than fluoro's in this regard - much-smoother.

Of course, the ol' incandescent lamps (tungsten filament in argon gas) were impervious to filming at any frame rate.

• Was it this video btw?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Markus explains it "simply":

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Seeing as I mentioned fluoro's at the outset, here's one that focuses on them, complete with simple graphic explanation:

• Aw man!!

I've actually seen the KPA's LED's flashing in cool patterns in videos too! I've always thought that maybe the KPA had a really cool lightshow type feature for shows or something. I always wondered how to do it hahaha:D I guess now I don't have to ask the question 8o

Kind of a bummer though lol, I always thought that was a really cool live feature ^^

It's good to know why it happens and that it isn't intentional though. Now I can stop wondering every time I see the KPA's LEDs flashing in videos lol

• I thought is was an internal program because I've seen the LED's blinking before but not like what was shown in the video posted above. They would blink much faster and all at the same time.

So, Why not ask as a request for Kemper to make a program in an update to do just that? Sort of like a "screensaver" feature? I think it would be cool.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Surely you guys are old-enough to remember the effects of filming fluorescent lighting?

Of course, the ol' incandescent lamps (tungsten filament in argon gas) were impervious to filming at any frame rate.

The two things I remember from shop class in high school. Measure twice - cut once and never use fluorescent lighting around a lathe.

• I did put a feature request in for "Disco Mode" a while back, where the lights on the KPA flash in time with the guitar playing, but from memory that (rightly) didn't make it to a dev sprint. ?