Something like tone dexter or LR Baggs Voiceprint DI?

• Hey there,

I´m using the Kemper a lot for my acoustic guitar aswell, so I don´t have to bring another pedal board or other stuff for the acoustic side of the gigs.

And these gigs are about 90 % of my stuff to play...

I have a huge pedalboard for my acoustics, with really nice preamps and effects and everything if I play a "real acoustic show" with other bands,

but with my Kemper Stuff, it´s always good and reliable aswell.

I was thinking about getting this thing here: the LR Baggs Voiceprint DI (or the Tone Dexter?) for getting more natural air and more "guitar" out of the guitar.

But I think, it might be possible to do the exact same thing with the Kemper on it´s own?

I´m proud of the good acoustic sounds, that I´m getting out of my Kemper rig right now, but I think, with these features of getting more "acoustic air and body"... this would be a gamechanger for guys like me, using Kemper for both kinds of Instruments - the electric and the acoustic world...

Is such a thing possible?

Best regards from Bavaria,

Mario

See my handmade guitars at http://www.treibholz-gitarrenmanufaktur.de

• The are some commercial acoustic rig packs which include profiles of Fishman Aura, LR Baggs, Neve Preamps etc which work really well in the Amp block. It might be worth trying those just now.

Alternatively, profile your own pedalboard to get your own exact tone. You can’t profile compression, delay or reverb but the amp and DI part plus any EQ will be captured and the other bits can be added with Kemper FX.

• The are some commercial acoustic rig packs which include profiles of Fishman Aura, LR Baggs, Neve Preamps etc which work really well in the Amp block. It might be worth trying those just now.

Alternatively, profile your own pedalboard to get your own exact tone. You can’t profile compression, delay or reverb but the amp and DI part plus any EQ will be captured and the other bits can be added with Kemper FX.

Hey there, thanks for your ideas, but I own all of these. The tone is great, but with the extra bit of "body", this would be even better.

My usually used preamp is the Grace Design Felix for two pickups in one guitar, the LR Baggs Element and the K&K Pure mini.

The sound is really fat, dynamic, great.

With the Kemper, I´m not that far away with the LR Baggs and some fine tuning of the presets, but I´m missing some of the natural tones.

Because of the I.R. technologies used in the new Voiceprint DI Pedal, I thought, perhaps Kemper could do this aswell?

Even better, cause you can use a real studio quality microphone instead of an iphone used on the Voiceprint DI?

We will see... Christoph?! I believe in you and your team!!!

• I believe you would need to use a Voiceprint or ToneDexter (or similar device) to first generate the IR, then profile that with the Kemper. The Kemper can't profile anything that doesn't have both an input and and output, since there would be no way to run the alien test tones through. Correct me if I'm wrong!

• I believe you would need to use a Voiceprint or ToneDexter (or similar device) to first generate the IR, then profile that with the Kemper. The Kemper can't profile anything that doesn't have both an input and and output, since there would be no way to run the alien test tones through. Correct me if I'm wrong!

You´re absolutely right! Goog idea!!! Thanks!!!

• There are some profiles of the ToneDexter by Bommel ... here's a (vague) link ...

best sound with the kemper in the studio ...

Sure, they're not made with your guitar but they are quite usable.

For my money, I would keep the acoustic stuff separate (I use a ToneDexter and a handful of TC minis) ... cuts out the Faff!