Effects Loop of Kemper Stage in Series or Parallel?

• Hi,

Is the Effects Loop of the Kemper Stage in Series or Parallel? I have an Boss RC-50 Loop pedal going through the Kemper Stage Effects Loop after the Amp and Cabinet. When I am in Performance Mode I record a loop from a clean performance rig into the RC-50. But when I switch to a different Performance (that also has the Effects Loop engaged) the sound that I recorded in my RC-50 changes to the sound of the new performance rig. When I used to run my RC-50 into my Orange TH30C effects loop it was in parallel and the clean tone that I recorded in the RC-50 would stay the same no matter what channel or lead tone I used in the front of the amp. Is it possible to accomplish the same setup with the Kemper? Am I missing a setting?

• with mix set to 100% it is series. With lower mix values it is parallel.

8 notice that you said you have the loop after the stack but if the sound is changing when you change rigs it sound as though you have the Loop before the Stack block. If you put the Loop post Stack the pre recorded phrases wont go through the amp an therefore won’t change (other than any FX like reverb that you might have after the loop.) the stage has 2 loops is it possible you have them both in use and have the wrong one after the Stack? The issue you describe shouldn’t matter if the loop is series or parallel; only where it is in the signal chain.

• Kemper Main Manual 7.5, chapter Effect Loop (Pink), page 236:

.....The "Mix: Pre/Post" option is available in both Loop Mono and Loop Stereo modes and determines whether the Mixc ontrol affects the signal on the SEND (“Pre”) or the RETURN and ALTERNATIVE INPUT (“Post”). Since this makesno difference in most situations, we recommend leaving the button at the "Post" position, to guarantee the lowestnoise floor......

This may be solution of your problem. I am using Stage with with Boss RC-10R with no issues.

I hope this helps.

• There is no need to use an external looper pedal in the FX loop. Simply assign Master Mono as the output source for the direct output/send and use the Aux in function to return the signal from the looper back into the Profilers signal flow. This will ensure that the full signal of the Profiler (including all 8 effects) gets looped and you do not need to have an active FX loop in each rig you want to use the looper with.

This approach will also prevent the issue that the OP seems to be suffering from where the looped signal gets treated by any effects that might be positioned after the actual FX loop position in the signal chain.

• There is no need to use an external looper pedal in the FX loop. Simply assign Master Mono as the output source for the direct output/send and use the Aux in function to return the signal from the looper back into the Profilers signal flow. This will ensure that the full signal of the Profiler (including all 8 effects) gets looped and you do not need to have an active FX loop in each rig you want to use the looper with.

This approach will also prevent the issue that the OP seems to be suffering from where the looped signal gets treated by any effects that might be positioned after the actual FX loop position in the signal chain.

do you mean use only one cable from the looper pedal to the aux in, while guitar still plugged into front input?

• if the looper signal is mono only a single cable to the return input is needed. You need to activate the mono option in the Aux in menu to hear the signal on both sides of the stereo field. Guitar needs to be connected to the front input so you can play over the loop using any rig you want to use.

That's a great idea... but if I understand correctly from the manual, you cannot use this in conjunction with a mono effects loop, right? which is a pity...