SOLVED - LATENCY WHEN SWITCHING RIGS.

• Hi guys need some advice here.
    Since a couple of days I have some latency when switching rigs with my midi pedal board. Will a KPA reset (by holding the input button) suffice to resolve this issue? ?(
    I am on the latest firmware.
    Thanks for your help.

Edited 3 times, last by VITCHPAT1 ().

• I noticed this also. My observation is that the response to buttons (up/down/left/right) and MIDI PC are laggy right after the system startup. After a few button clicks, the lag seems to get reduced significantly.

• I have the same issue again. First I thought that it was due somehow to a monitor out issue and I have perform a KPA reset. Fine after that but yesterday again while switching rigs with a PeaK FCB8N the same problem happen again.

I have find out that in is due to the reverb block. If I switch from a nice clean sound with delay and reverb to a crunchy sound also with delay and reverb there is a kind a volume swell on the crunchy sound. If I remove the reverb from the crunchy sound the small decay is gone.

I have never notice this on previous firware but it might be due to one of the reverb parameters or spill-over feature. I will look at this today.

Any ideas guys on how to resolve this?

• OK guys a KPA reset has solve my issue of latency. :thumbup:

I'm having the same issue. I'm getting not only latency but digital noise when changing rigs. It takes over a second for a new rig that is called up to become stable. During the latency period I'm getting digital noise and strange sound.

I've reset the Global parameters holding the System Button during power up, I've reinitialized the internal memory by holding the upper left hand button above the display while powering up to the Tuner, but I have never heard of using the Input Button to reset the unit. Do you hold it down upon power up?

How do I reset my KPA and what does the reset do?

EDIT - OK, it was the system button. Didn't work for me. :(

From what I'm told by the sales rep who sold me this he owns a KPA and has no latency or glitch whatsoever when changing rigs. Mine on the other hand almost couldn't get any worse despite trying memory reinitialization and resetting the global parameters. I have a feeling I have a defective unit. There are just too many issues that others aren't having.

Edited once, last by stephen ().

• Deleted

Edited once, last by stephen ().

• I noticed a slight latency when I still had a lot of profiles on my KPA, did a system reset, and it went away. Haven't had that problem since I 'downsized' to about 200.

• Issue solved with the help of KPA support :thumbup:

My Wha settings was causing the problem. It was set to bypass @ heel instead of instead of bypass @ stop! 8| I do not recall having changed the setting, might have done so accidentally. Now it works perfectly, no more latency when switching between rigs.