Unexpected sound and volume changes in performances/slots

• Ok this is totally weird. All of a sudden the sounds of my setlist (slots within performances) sound different without me having done anything special. After having adjusted my setlist´s fx a little bit I went to rehearsal room, yesterday and connected my stage to the PA as I always do. I noticed something weird: some of the slots within my performances not only sounded different than they did (they have less gain) but they are much louder. I haven´t touched anything EQwise or volume wise and cannot think of anything else that could have caused this. Also the overall sound was different in a bad way. Muffled, lower in volume and just awkward...

I checked all the paramenters and loudness stuff but have not found anything strange. I can remember this was an issue with some older FW that had caused such an issue. But I haven´t updated anything before this. I even loaded up an older backup but the issue remains. Does anybody know what I am talking about or have had a similar issue? The stage has the latest FW.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Ok, here is what happened, in case this happens to anybody else: I forgot that I updated this stage to the latest FW only about 10 days ago or so and did not touch it until yesterday. Before testing it in the rehearsal room, as I said above, I unplugged the volume pedal but this should not have played any role in this issue.

I´ve just found that (after the update) not only the volume pedal position was randomly moved in many slots (not in all and now this IS strange to the bone!) to different positions - from post stack where I always place it in this setlist to input or pre position. This caused one of the problems with loudness and different sounds. Another thing is that the midi settings were messed up plus the midi clock was activated again, which causes the Kemper to regularly freeze (known issue). I thought the reistalling of my backup should have restored everything again but nope. Here we go. I´m talking about my U2 setlist with 45 songs and about 3-5 slots each. I wish myself fun with cleaning up this mess and reinstalling the FX changes I´v done yesterday without backing them up.

Dang.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• We can outrule, that the OS update has screwed the Volume Pedal Location in your Slots and set it all over the place. The stored Performances are not stored differently by the upgrade.

Perhaps you have accidentally released the locking of the Volume Pedal in Performance Mode and what you now experience are the real stored Volume Pedal Locations.