Sound like this live performance of Zakk Wylde

• Anyone got a good profile to mimic the sound of this awesome solo? What effects are used here apart from Wah and Delay?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I played a couple of gigs with Zak in Japan in 1999. His rig was really simple.
    He had his Bullseye Les Paul with EMG’s. His home made pedalboard which was a piece of wood with a Wah, Rotovibe (the red wah looking one) a Boss SD1 and a Boss Super chorus pedal.
    The rest of us were using rental backline and I assume Zak was too unless he keeps an Ozzy rig out there. I am positive it was just rental gear though. It was just a JCM800 2203 head and Marshall 1960b cab. The second show was a charity gig at the Hard Rock Cafe in Tokyo. He just used the same pedalboard and a little JCM800 combo for that. Sounded just the same.
    In rehearsals, he spent two seconds setting it up and it was just his sound straight away.

L-R Tom Keifer, me, Zak and Paul Gilbert. Not great being a short arse with these lot. ?

• Thanks to both of you. You were of great help! With these information, I can set up something nice. Appreciated!

The way he sets his Boss SD1 , you can’t take the hands off the guitar without it feeding back. It’s a very gainy sound that will feedback once you stop playing unless you turn the pickup off with its volume control or the toggle switch.

When you are setting up the sound, experiment with the SD1 settings. The SD1 is a big part of the high gain sound.

• I played a couple of gigs with Zak in Japan in 1999. His rig was really simple.
    He had his Bullseye Les Paul with EMG’s. His home made pedalboard which was a piece of wood with a Wah, Rotovibe (the red wah looking one) a Boss SD1 and a Boss Super chorus pedal.
    The rest of us were using rental backline and I assume Zak was too unless he keeps an Ozzy rig out there. I am positive it was just rental gear though. It was just a JCM800 2203 head and Marshall 1960b cab. The second show was a charity gig at the Hard Rock Cafe in Tokyo. He just used the same pedalboard and a little JCM800 combo for that. Sounded just the same.
    In rehearsals, he spent two seconds setting it up and it was just his sound straight away.

L-R Tom Keifer, me, Zak and Paul Gilbert. Not great being a short arse with these lot. ?

What a picture - good job man.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM