Solved: Mission CC pedal responds ssslllooowwwww

• Hey folks, after three years I swapped the FCB1010 for the Kemper remote and for the most part I don't have any complaints.....with one exception.

The pitch pedal (whammy pedal effect) is frustratingly slow to respond, like the pitch changes slower than the pedal moves. Makes it hard to play certain passages that are long standing parts of songs and was never an issue with the midi controlled CC pedal of the 1010. Is there a way to recalibrate the pedal? I know there a "calibrate" setting in the system manu but it doesn't do anything to address this quirk.

Thanks for any info.

Just a guy who plays a little bit of guitar.

• Well, never mind. For the most part. No, not an ideal solution but a workable one regardless. Calibrated the pedal but didn't push it all the way down so the KPA "thinks" that max sweep comes faster than it does. It works just fine, provided the calibration stays the same from here.

• Did you try connecting with a shorter cable directly to the Profiler instead of using the remote? That should do better. A short cable (30 cm) directly into my Stage works fine. I used to have same issues with my remote and my KPA head. I personally could not find a way to resolve this with the pedals connected to the remote. That way it was always slower... but maybe others made different experiences.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited once, last by Alienator ().

• Is the pedal taper coming on smoothly or with everything bunched up at one end? If it is bunching up (log taper behaviour) try changing between pedal Type 1 and Type 2 in the system menu.

It was smooth all the way up, it just seemed to track slower than the pedal moved. Pedal 1/2 didn't change anything that I noticed

Did you try connecting with a shorter cable directly to the Profiler instead of using the remote? That should do better. A short cable (30 cm) directly into my Stage works fine. I used to have same issues with my remote and my KPA head. I personally could not find a way to resolve this with the pedals connected to the remote. That way it was always slower... but maybe others made different experiences.

No, but I use a toaster. I'd still need a 20' cable minimum.

As I said, it seems to be solved. We'll see how long it lasts.

• Just an update. The pedal seemed to recalibrate after a few pushes so I got fed up and nabbed a 10' trs cable just to test it out. It now functions as responsively as any stand alone whammy pedal I've ever owned, and because I use the same pedal for the wah, the wah effect also improved (and I didn't even know I needed it to until now. LOL)

Oh, and to clarify I ran the new cable straight to pedal jack #1 on the KPA.

Edited once, last by VoodooJef ().