New 3.1.57 beta rig manager

• Additions:

- A new context menu in the editor allows you to conveniently load effect modules and associated presets

- Impulse response files can be dragged onto the CAB for import

- A new graphical indicator highlights content which has been edited but not saved yet

- Native support for Apple Silicon

Improvements:

- New Windows driver

- Modifying Performances and Tags is more robust and reliable

- Issues related to USB synchronisation and device updates have been addressed

- Several language and memory related issues have been addressed

• Took a loooooong time to scan through my library and then again when syncing everything from the Kemper. But now seems to be working.

One thing I notice in the new preset context menus for effects - it only list presets that are included under My Profiler. It doesn't list any that I have under Local Library (which is where I've put all of the new Distortions). I can copy them over to My Profiler, but is this how it's intended to work?

• Great with a new version that promises more stability dealing with performances. Feels like a parallel branch that has been under development for a while.

Did we lose the ability to right click to load the next rig on the profiler though? That doesn't work any longer as the rig name gets highlighted. Rather unfortunate :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Edited once, last by musicmad ().

• This is the Rig Manager release that will stop me doing editing on the device. Until now I always found it easier to add effect presets into slots by pressing the buttons and turning the knobs on the Kemper.

• Odd

Mine is not yet functioning properly.

Laptop not responding to Kemper power up at all. No Windows connection noise and RM not showing any connection to My Profiler. Almost as if my cable decided to bite it just as I installed the Beta. Was just using RM last night so I doubt that's it. Swapped another device into the USB port to confirm functionality there and all seems fine. Rebooted Windows and KPA both a couple times but no change.

Gonna swap the cable out after dinner once I find one but any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• Odd

Mine is not yet functioning properly.

Laptop not responding to Kemper power up at all. No Windows connection noise and RM not showing any connection to My Profiler. Almost as if my cable decided to bite it just as I installed the Beta. Was just using RM last night so I doubt that's it. Swapped another device into the USB port to confirm functionality there and all seems fine. Rebooted Windows and KPA both a couple times but no change.

Gonna swap the cable out after dinner once I find one but any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I am having similar issues. It aborted (rolled back) the install while the profiler was connected. I then installed it with the profiler off, and it would no longer connect to the profiler after the update. I had to revert back to the latest downloadable version to get connected to the profiler again.

• I am having similar issues. It aborted (rolled back) the install while the profiler was connected. I then installed it with the profiler off, and it would no longer connect to the profiler after the update. I had to revert back to the latest downloadable version to get connected to the profiler again.

Same here mate.

Went back to latest as well. No worries no hurries.

• Mine did the same. I installed the new Beta version and opened it after that. It kept crashing. I then restarted my laptop but it kept crashing. Then I saw "Syncing Rigs" appear on KPA Stage. I waited over 30 minutes but nothing changed. All this while, the Rig Manager won't open and keep crashing. I then restarted KPA but the same thing except no more "Syncing Rigs" pop-up on KPA. I restarted my laptop again but Rig Manager keeps crashing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance !

• For those PC users who face issues with updating to the current beta, please perform the following steps. Those will remove Rig Manager from your computer and install a new version:

- Open Windows Settings -> Apps & Features

- Find "Rig Manager" and press "Remove". If there is more than one entry for Rig Manager, remove them all.

- Make sure you have removed every single entry (this is important!)

- In Explorer, delete the folder "Rig Manager" which can be found in C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps

- Please download and install the latest Rig Manager update and update to the beta version again.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• @ G string - thanks for the suggestions on getting this going on Windows. I have been trying to get it going properly on Win 8.1. The problem that remains is the driver. The new version reports that it has no driver to interact with the KPA. I uninstalled the Rig Manager instances which were installed (using Add/Remove Programs) - there was an old 32 bit version in there for some reason. And then re-ran the 3.1 installer. I tried going back to the 3.0 installer but that led to the program crashing out of the installer repeatedly - so reversion was not working - probably the removal of the whole folder as you mentioned in your post was required.

I have removed the contents of the driver folder and run a repair install of 3.1.55.msi which is sitting in my Downloads folder. That repopulates the driver folder but I still get the report of no driver for the KPA despite rebooting etc.

• @ G string - thanks for the suggestions on getting this going on Windows. I have been trying to get it going properly on Win 8.1. The problem that remains is the driver. The new version reports that it has no driver to interact with the KPA. I uninstalled the Rig Manager instances which were installed (using Add/Remove Programs) - there was an old 32 bit version in there for some reason. And then re-ran the 3.1 installer. I tried going back to the 3.0 installer but that led to the program crashing out of the installer repeatedly - so reversion was not working - probably the removal of the whole folder as you mentioned in your post was required.

I have removed the contents of the driver folder and run a repair install of 3.1.55.msi which is sitting in my Downloads folder. That repopulates the driver folder but I still get the report of no driver for the KPA despite rebooting etc.

can you please contact support? we need to go through a couple of things with you.

• natork74

For those PC users who face issues with updating to the current beta, please perform the following steps. Those will remove Rig Manager from your computer and install a new version:

- Open Windows Settings -> Apps & Features

- Find "Rig Manager" and press "Remove". If there is more than one entry for Rig Manager, remove them all.

- Make sure you have removed every single entry (this is important!)

- In Explorer, delete the folder "Rig Manager" which can be found in C:\Program Files\Kemper Amps

- Please download and install the latest Rig Manager update and update to the beta version again.