New 3.1.57 beta rig manager

• I wanted to try the context menu thing. It’s one of my favored feature requests.

I have installed the beta version a number of times in the past without trouble. It was bound to happen at some point.

Now I just want to get it fixed.

I wish someone could tell me what to do with that driver removal script...

1) Unpack 2 files from zip archive into desktop directory (i.e. "c:\Users\<your_username>\Desktop\folder1\")

2) Run command line with Administrative privileges. Click on bottom left Windows Start icon (1) and start typing "cmd" (2), then right click on "Command Line" Wiersz Polecenia (3) and click on Run as administrator / Uruchom jako administrator (4) - you may be asked for permission to run an application as administrator, accept it / click OK.

3) In the command line, go to the previously created directory, when driver removal scripts are unpacked an start typing "uninstall" and press TAB key when you see a command "Uninstall Rig Manager Driver.bat"

4) Press Enter key, the process will go and uninstall Kemper drivers...

===================================================================

I did this and now, I have Rig mamager 3.1.58 and connection to Kemper was lost =O8o

I wish, there was a question in the script "Are you sure you want to remove Kemper drivers??"

===================================================================

So I uninstalled Rig Manager from Control Panel (Settings -> Applications and Functions)

I downloaded RM 3.1.45, installed it, it found newer version 3.1.58 and updated properly, so I'm back with working RM 3.1.58

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Very precise instructions, thank you. Unfortunately, it did not work for me. The install of the update still "rolls back"

• This trainwreck is ongoing for me also. I have been in contact with support with several mails back and forth but only get the same instructions that G-String posted in the thread earlier. I have been around the cycle of uninstalling the version that is installed and installing each beta and going back to 3.0.45 multiple times and have removed the old driver in Device Manager in Win 8.1 and have tried with each of the last two betas to establish connection with the KPA but no dice. Windows Device Manager says no driver is installed for this device. Before that I got all kinds of different error codes for the driver when it was installed (type1 , 18 and 19 from memory).

I don't understand why Kemper do not make the new driver available as a separate download. Line 6 OS installers (eg for the Helix/HX Stomp/HXFX line) install the driver for their modellers but the driver is ALSO available as a separate download. If you download and unzip the driver in this scenario you can install it from Device Manager - update driver and point it to your driver on disk. Problem solved. Seems like maybe there is something screwing up Kempers install process for the new driver - eg some process running in the background that it incompatible. I have had messages at times during the installation process about some processes it wants to shut down (eg an Apple mobile related service - could be connected to iTunes) and it gives the option to attempt shut the process down or reboot - I have gone both ways. I have also gone into task manager and stopped the process myself before proceeding.

Some communication from HQ about sorting this would be appreciated.

• Doesn't work for me either... rolls back if my kpa rack is connected; if i disconnect kpa, 3.1 would install but not recognize my kpa after connecting it. Tried with the "uninstall driver tool" but no luck, I tried to delete manually all folders after disinstalling 3.0.145.. still no luck. I don't know what to do, I tried literally everything.. I have win10 64bit. I read somebody is lucky and have the 3.1 running properly, others got my same problem with rack/stage/head or whatever....

That's really frustrating.

• I did exactly what you suggested... still rolling back. Did you disconnected the KPA while installing 3.0.145 and later 3.1 or was always connected in the process?

I haven't disconnected KPA at any point.

Right click on Windows Start Logo (bottom left) and choose Device Manager and go to "Sound, video and game controllers". After you run the uninstall script, can you still see Kemper Profiler?

Edited once, last by skoczy ().

• Doesn't work for me either... rolls back if my kpa rack is connected; if i disconnect kpa, 3.1 would install but not recognize my kpa after connecting it. Tried with the "uninstall driver tool" but no luck, I tried to delete manually all folders after disinstalling 3.0.145.. still no luck. I don't know what to do, I tried literally everything.. I have win10 64bit. I read somebody is lucky and have the 3.1 running properly, others got my same problem with rack/stage/head or whatever....

That's really frustrating.

In such rare cases i sometimes remove all USB Controller system drivers and let the win install them again. New KPA driver is a standard WinUSB driver. I belive the whole driver layer is moved to RM binary.

• In such rare cases i sometimes remove all USB Controller system drivers and let the win install them again. New KPA driver is a standard WinUSB driver. I belive the whole driver layer is moved to RM binary.

That is something i could try out! Installed the Version 58 but its not working good....still need 15 to 20 seconds to activate a Profile! Not a good workflow.

So i will try to reinstall the Windows USB Driver....maybe they changed with the last Win Update and thats the Problem.

Maybe i should buy a Mac ^^

• Tried to uninstall the USB driver manually from Device Settings, then uninstalling Rig Manager again, cleaning all folders, restarted PC... tried both first installing RM 3.0.145 then 3.1, then tried the reverse and installing 3.1 first without success... (obviously trying to uninstall usb driver manually again..).

Nothing changes.... when 3.1 is starting it does the same rolling back thing, but does install after unpluggin the KPA (tried different usb port too) , then it does not recognize kpa after pluggin in again...that's starting to be weird.;(

Anyway with RM 3.0.145 all works great... what can I do more? Praying? xD

• Yes, still see it... shall I uninstall it manually?

So after you run Uninstall Script and still see Kemper Profiler in the devices, this for me means that this script hasn' removed all drivers properly. Yeah, nothing to lose with manual uninstallation of the drivers in Device Manager. Give it a go.

• I tried out Rig Manager on my Laptop. On my Laptop i did not do an Win Update and Rig Manager is running perfectly. So it is definitely an Win 10 Update problem that Rig Manager is not running good anymore!

• tried out Rig Manager on my Laptop. On my Laptop i did not do an Win Update and Rig Manager is running perfectly. So it is definitely an Win 10 Update problem that Rig Manager is not running good anymore!

what you discover has nothing to do with a windows update.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I gave up. The beta installer seems not able to copy/provide a working driver. It does not help running the driver unintaller tool, uninstall manually in the devices, cleaning up...

As soon as the new beta is updated there is no working driver. It can not be installed by directing to the RM driver folder. I get an error message...