New 3.1.57 beta rig manager

• can you elaborate please?

Arrow problem (one at least):

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Install went great. No problems.

Indeed arrows are acting strange though.

In browser mode If I select a rig, right click " load into editor and preview" then press enter, down arrow will move downthe rigs correctly.

If I just double click on the rig, the reported issue happens.

Just noticed that if you double click and double click again it also will behave ok..... I think...

• Took a loooooong time to scan through my library and then again when syncing everything from the Kemper. But now seems to be working.

One thing I notice in the new preset context menus for effects - it only list presets that are included under My Profiler. It doesn't list any that I have under Local Library (which is where I've put all of the new Distortions). I can copy them over to My Profiler, but is this how it's intended to work?

Yes, can it only display the presets stored on the profiler on the popup menu?

• can you elaborate please?

Pressing the down arrow results in the field skipping properly, but the Rig does not load automatically, and pressing the Arrow keys right or left to load the rig, produces the error I made the Screen shot of.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/wb…4228-rm-3-1-55-error-jpg/

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Pressing the down arrow results in the field skipping properly, but the Rig does not load automatically, and pressing the Arrow keys right or left to load the rig, produces the error I made the Screen shot of.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/wb…4228-rm-3-1-55-error-jpg/

up/down is not supposed to load a rig.

the notification dialog (which is not an error) appears when you switch to another rig and there are unsaved changed. this can for instance happen when you actively change something but also if you for instance lock something.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I cant install new beta, after download Windows 8.1 write :

Не удалось открыть этот установочный пакет

. Убедитесь, что посылка

существует, и у вас есть к нему доступ,

или свяжитесь с

поставщик приложений

убедитесь, что пакет установщика правильный.

• English translation might be helpfull :)

• Взаимодействие с другими людьми

Английский перевод может быть полезным :)

да -

This installation package could not be opened. Make sure that the package

exists and you have access to it,

or contact the

application vendor to

verify that the installer package is correct.

• Mac user here, the Beta installed easily with no issues. At first, all seemed well. At a band rehearsal yesterday there was a SIGNIFICANT lag when switching between performances (like step on the "up" arrow and nothing happened for 3 to 5 seconds). Also, stepping on individual effects within a performance took either a couple seconds or a couple repeated steps to engage/disengage.

This is not going to work for me in a live setting.

Further, and sorta confusing, once a performance had been selected and individual effects buttons pressed, things seemed to work okay. Analogous to a computer loading commands into RAM instead of reading from a disc.

While I like some of the new features, I'm likely going to roll back to the earlier non-beta version until some of these issues are sorted.

• You are playing live with connected Mac and Rig Manager running? If yes, than my question is why? If not than my other question is how can new beta version of RM influence the Profiler?

• I suspect that the user is trying to install the Mac (pkg) installer on PC.

• You are playing live with connected Mac and Rig Manager running? If yes, than my question is why? If not than my other question is how can new beta version of RM influence the Profiler?

Yes, still connected to my MacBook. Why? We were rehearsing last night and I needed to make adjustments to various parameters as we went, so I kept RM open for quick changes. Once everything is dialed in - and we start playing live - I disconnect the computer. But, as to my original post, before the beta update and with the computer still connected I didn't have the problem I encountered last night.

• up/down is not supposed to load a rig.

the notification dialog (which is not an error) appears when you switch to another rig and there are unsaved changed. this can for instance happen when you actively change something but also if you for instance lock something.

I used to be able to use the arrows on my keyboard to cycle through the Rigs, audition them, and then move on - using only keyboard arrows. Something has changed. I haven't made any changes to any profile when I get the error:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• I used to be able to use the arrows on my keyboard to cycle through the Rigs, audition them, and then move on - using only keyboard arrows. Something has changed. I haven't made any changes to any profile when I get the error:

JSB

I can see in your Video that you have Effect Slot #7 locked. That's why you're getting this notification, which is not an alert. So far all good. You also have tweaked your Windows settings so the font in the dialog is bigger and that's why you don't see the "Don't Show Again" option underneath the two buttons. That's something we can improve. IF you don't like the dialog, unlock Effect Slot #7. I've told you that in an earlier reply.

The list needs the focus in order for the arrow keys to work. You get this by clicking inside the list (you say that in the video yourself). And the focus will stay there as long as you don't start to tweak things in the editor. That, again, hasn't changed as far as I can see. The list always needed the focus. We can debate that this is not idea and we will consider changes in the future but it is not a new behaviour since a Rig Manager with an editor has been released.

• Mac user here, the Beta installed easily with no issues. At first, all seemed well. At a band rehearsal yesterday there was a SIGNIFICANT lag when switching between performances (like step on the "up" arrow and nothing happened for 3 to 5 seconds). Also, stepping on individual effects within a performance took either a couple seconds or a couple repeated steps to engage/disengage.

you should contact support, we can look into this. 3-5 seconds is a bit long. Probably you have an USB related issue.

• JSB

I can see in your Video that you have Effect Slot #7 locked. That's why you're getting this notification, which is not an alert. So far all good. You also have tweaked your Windows settings so the font in the dialog is bigger and that's why you don't see the "Don't Show Again" option underneath the two buttons. That's something we can improve. IF you don't like the dialog, unlock Effect Slot #7. I've told you that in an earlier reply.

The list needs the focus in order for the arrow keys to work. You get this by clicking inside the list (you say that in the video yourself). And the focus will stay there as long as you don't start to tweak things in the editor. That, again, hasn't changed as far as I can see. The list always needed the focus. We can debate that this is not idea and we will consider changes in the future but it is not a new behaviour since a Rig Manager with an editor has been released.

Regarding focus. Did you check my video? Seems like when browsing rigs on the profiler in RM the focus jumps to the right pane every time a rig is loaded.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Edited once, last by musicmad ().

• Regarding focus. Did you check my video? Seems like when browsing rigs on the profiler in RM the focus jumps to the right pane everytime a rig is loaded.

yes, I saw your video. It doesn't happen for me so, if you like, get in touch with support and we'll see how to replicate this. It's a different issue though, I simply didn't want to mix all this up.