New 3.1.57 beta rig manager

• Multiple times now following all these steps AND brought a new printer cable home from work but Windows 10 is not recognizing my toaster at all.

Much appreciate any further suggestions

• JSB

I can see in your Video that you have Effect Slot #7 locked. That's why you're getting this notification, which is not an alert. So far all good. You also have tweaked your Windows settings so the font in the dialog is bigger and that's why you don't see the "Don't Show Again" option underneath the two buttons. That's something we can improve. IF you don't like the dialog, unlock Effect Slot #7. I've told you that in an earlier reply.

The list needs the focus in order for the arrow keys to work. You get this by clicking inside the list (you say that in the video yourself). And the focus will stay there as long as you don't start to tweak things in the editor. That, again, hasn't changed as far as I can see. The list always needed the focus. We can debate that this is not idea and we will consider changes in the future but it is not a new behaviour since a Rig Manager with an editor has been released.

I turned off the lock on the Spring Reverb, and it does the same thing. I can make another video, but this is not something I'm doing incorrectly. I've been using RM since day one.

Thanks.

EDIT:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My complaint is that the Arrow keys are not as functional as they used to be. I do not remember having to use the mouse to reset the field every time I want to change a Rig.

It would be nice, if RM had Text Zoom, or at least was compatible with Windows enlarged text, so I could've seen the 'Do not Show Again' option, I have checked the box, I no longer get that error. I'm running 3840X2160, enlarged text is a must.

If I could use the Down and Up arrows to select a new Rig (even if I'm already currently in a Rig), and then use the Spacebar to select and load a new rig, without having to touch the mouse, that would help.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

Edited 3 times, last by JSB ().

• @G String this is exactly the same problem as shown in the video I posted. So at least two people can reproduce it now.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I can reproduce it too, but it happens only on the profiler itself not when using the local library. When selecting a rig in the profiler via the rig manager, the focus jumps to the name field. So the arrow buttons do not work on the list anymore.

• Hmm.

Ctrl-C to Copy a Working Performance (and yes, despite the message, this performance has been working just fine in the Kemper for forever, and I am not really "importing" anything))

This error Message when using Ctrl-V to paste into an empty Slot

Can save the performance to new slot using the Kemper Head, but not copy and paste using Rig Manager.

EDIT: Additional Note: performance will store in Local Library just fine also.

• Hi,

since I did the update of Rig Manager I only have problems.

This concerns the Beta version 3.1.55.16455. Most issues have now been resolved but the KP is no longer communicating with Rig Manager.

Tried another cable, different USB port. Reinstall etc. etc. etc. Nothing helps. I get great support from the KemperTeam but so far it has helped nothing. Someone else has the same experience?

Edited once, last by GuitarDave5150: Problem solved thanks to Kemper's support team. Always very good service. Still, a point in which Kemper scores high compared to others!!! ().

• Hey,

Updated to the beta. Drag and drop for folder with profiles into Rig Manager doesn't work anymore. Before beta it worked. Folder contains only profiles, no other files (including hidden). macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

• Someone else has the same experience?

Yes Dave. If you scroll up/back, you'll see my posts describing similar problem.

My question for you is, When your profiler powers up, does your PC make the typical sound we hear when connecting a USB device or just silence?

For me, it is silent, so it's not just that it's not communicating with RM, it's not communicating with Windows 10.

I suspect a driver glitch as one of the files that support asked me to send them (DriverLog.txt) would not attach as it was ZERO bytes.

I would think a simple removal and reinstall would rectify this but, unfortunately, it has not thus far.

Hoping they send me a separate driver install file as a fix but am still waiting to hear back.

• Experiencing the same problem after upgrading to the beta with my floor profiler no longer communicating with my PC at all.

Have uninstalled as per the instructions in this forum, rebooted, and rolled back to the previous rig manager, and still no luck at all.

Experiencing no sound when I connect with USB to indicate that I've connected or anything. It's like my profiler no longer has the ability at all to communicate with the PC at all.

• Experiencing the same problem after upgrading to the beta with my floor profiler no longer communicating with my PC at all.

Have uninstalled as per the instructions in this forum, rebooted, and rolled back to the previous rig manager, and still no luck at all.

Experiencing no sound when I connect with USB to indicate that I've connected or anything. It's like my profiler no longer has the ability at all to communicate with the PC at all.

Thanks Ry!

Good to know I'm not alone.

Hoping they provide a fix or an improved RM upgrade build soon. No fun having so much functionality hobbled like this.

Just upgraded my interface and monitors and this is putting a major damper on the festivities here haha

• I turned off the lock on the Spring Reverb, and it does the same thing. I can make another video, but this is not something I'm doing incorrectly. I've been using RM since day one.

Thanks.

I can say I had the same problem with arrow key that highlight tags in the right screen instead of going to the next profile to listen to.

Infact I come back to RM 3.0.145

• @G String can you still not reproduce this? Remember it's only when browsing rigs on the profiler fra RM. Not local library or RE.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Edited once, last by musicmad ().

• Here's some info for you. The browsing/arrow keys issue will be fixed with the new version.

The communication issues are related to the driver. Rig Manager 3.1. has a new driver and on some Windows systems, Windows doesn't manage to remove the old driver(s) successfully. As a result, the communication with the Profiler fails. I don't want to sound like I'm shifting blame to Microsoft but in all those cases so far, manually removing what was there before completely solved the issue. What's annoying is that the Microsoft MSI installer might fail on this task.

With every single update of Rig Manager, we had a couple of users who run into this problem. And removing everything (in my recollection) always solved it. The reason why you don't run into this issue more often is that there are not many applications these days which install driver "deep" in the system. The good news is that the new Rig Manager has a new driver which doesn't install that "deeply" anymore and we hope to be able to say goodbye to that issue one the new Rig Manager is installed.

I've posted some info above on how to remove all instances of Rig Manager and associated files from the system. Those infos will get 90% of you who face issues there, the other 10% should contact support, we'll help you to solve this. The good news (again) is that, when you put into perspective how many people install Rig Manager, the issue is very rare. I know, it doesn't look like this when you look a this thread but that thread doesn't show much of the reality to honest.

Mac users will not have this issue.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• On W10. So I followed the uninstall instructions. Deleted the folder. Restarted the PC. Installed the Beta Version directly as I had it saved from when I updated.

Installed fine.

However, the behaviour persists.

In Local Library , I move up and down the list of Rigs with the up and down arrows. If I want to select a rig I press the right arrow. Rig gets selected with its little headphones. All good. If now I hit up or down arrows it will move through the list again. I believe this is how it should work. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, same thing but scrolling through the list in " My profiler" . The arrows seem to work normally up and down, but in order to select a rig, the right arrow wont do it. I need to double click with the mouse. Then, when a Rig is selected the name field on the right panel gets selected and down arrow will get you to the instrument type and it will scroll through that.

Just my experience.