New 3.1.57 beta rig manager

• But to install the beta, I have to first install the latest RM. That does install the driver again, doesn't it??

How can I install the beta alone?

unless you've deleted the installer for the beta, you can find it in the downloads directory.

clean the system -> install the beta. and only the beta.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• If the new change is the lack of new drivers, I don't understand why for some people isn't running due to driver issues...

Again I tried to clean EVERYTHING from folders, even with Kemper Tool, even by deleting the files in Windows/System32/drivers... one was impossible to delete "KemperProfiler.sys" and i managed to delete it using LockHunter (putting the delete on a restart) and manually unistalling kemper drivers from Device Settings. I even tried with searching for hide devices as suggested above, but no other drivers appear or it goes gray when the driver is installed AND kpa not connected. With that said, and presumely the system completely kpafiles-free, I both tried first with firstly installing 3.0.145 (and after installation it installs driver for kpa) and later starting 3.1, and first 3.1 alone (and in Device Setting without Kemper drivers and the kpa recognized only as "Profiler" with a mark)...

I really don't know what to try next... the fact is that when kpa is connected, both with or without drivers, the 3.1 installer goes in rolling back. If the KPA is not installed it goes with the installation but doesn't recognize the kpa and asking to reinstall RM.

Any other suggestion?:(;(

• If this was happening to me, I would remove Rig Manager first. Then I would rout out the offending driver via device manager. Then I would rename the "Kemper.sys" file to "Kemper.sysold". Then I would install the BETA and that's it.

• If this was happening to me, I would remove Rig Manager first. Then I would rout out the offending driver via device manager. Then I would rename the "Kemper.sys" file to "Kemper.sysold". Then I would install the BETA and that's it.

I presume you were answering to me.. thank you anyway.

But I tried both without success, and I know the post is talking about the Beta but I presume 3.1 now is realease version and not Beta anymore.. am I wrong?

• What a mess.

I have no idea how to fix this.

I think the Kemper team should post a new thread with detailed information on what to do to fix this.

As it is now it's all spread out and I'm rather confused. I need the Editor soon, too.

• I absolutely quote you... seems many are addressing the same issue, so it's not to take so easily imho... but I'm contacting the support to understand what it can be done ..

In the meantime you can, as myself, continue to use 3.0.145 which is working just fine.

• PC running Window 10 with the latest updates. No USB hubs, connected directly to an USB port on the Motherboard.

I Installed today the beta 3.1.58. It took 20 min. to sync all the rigs and performances and the Profiler was recognised.

Then I restarted the Rig Manager and the profiler was not recognised anymore. Surprise I thought.

I powered Off-On the Profiler and the Rig Mannager recognised it. Wow , looks good.

So it seemed the Rig Manager would not see an aready running profiler. To confirm this I switched off-on the profiler and now it was not recognised anymore.

I need to mention that before installing the beta I removed all Kemper Windows drivers using the tool available on the Kemper site.

Conclusion: The Rig Manager on my Desktop PC randomly will recognize the Kemper or not. So not usable for me.

With the official Rig Manager 3.0.145 everything works fine.

I read some of the articles in the forum because I had simillar problems with the 3.1.55, 3.1.56 and 3.1.57.

Hopefully the problems will be solved.

Anyhow any working solution would be appreciated.

Edited 3 times, last by cantemir ().

• Hi everyone,
    sorry for all the trouble. Unfortunately, we haven't encountered these update problems on our own Windows machines, but we have identified a potential issue with the driver update. It might fix both the installer rolling back and the Profiler not being recognized after reboot problems. If you want to try it out, please download it from here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bi8…Windows%2064-bit.msi?dl=0
    If you need a 32 Bit Windows installer, please let me know.
    Looking forward to hear from you!
    Best regards,

Arne

• Hi everyone,
    sorry for all the trouble. Unfortunately, we haven't encountered these update problems on our own Windows machines, but we have identified a potential issue with the driver update. It might fix both the installer rolling back and the Profiler not being recognized after reboot problems. If you want to try it out, please download it from here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bi8…Windows%2064-bit.msi?dl=0
    If you need a 32 Bit Windows installer, please let me know.
    Looking forward to hear from you!
    Best regards,

Arne

Still rolls back unfortunately.... :(

• A few things I'm seeing on every start up (Windows 10, RM 3.1.58.16458)

I restart Windows, the Kemper and Rig Manager every morning. If not done in that order, RM does not seem able to find the Kemper. I have yet to see this version of RM connect to the Kemper if the Kemper was not started first.

Also, I find that it takes several starts and stops of Rig Manager before it finally finds the Kemper. Today was 4 times. Never on the first try. When this happens, on the first try I let RM sync up Rig Exchange and give it a few minutes to see if it finds the Kemper. It doesn't, so I close Rig Manager and restart it. Usually at this point after Rig Manager opens (still not finding the Kemper), I get a message I have to update Rig Manager (I have the latest RM and Kemper OS). I stop it and restart it again. No more messages and usually on the third or fourth try it finally sees the Kemper then works normally until the next day.