Will we ever get a simple device (pedal maybe) that'll store a handful of profiles? Something like the Iridium - but green :-)

• I've bought a couple of Kemper units and generally think they're overkill for my purposes. I just end up running five or so profiles all the time and never profile my own amps.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was something like the Strymon Iridium that you could load with a few of your favourite profiles and run out to a power amp.

• What a great idea! Something like a TC Toneprint pedal would be awesome.

PRS Singlecuts
    Kemper PowerHead/Remote

Quote from skoczy

When you turn the knob on KPA, you wake up the captured souls of tube amps living inside.

• +1 on this request a KEMPER PEDAL

If it could be a 3 button, pedalboard friendly size, similar to L6 HX Stomp, I am in.

A Kemper Pedal with:

- Headphones output

- EXP 1/2 jack to connect your favorite expression pedal

- XLR L/R OUT or 1/4" (FOH and monitor OUT)

- FX Loop Stereo Send/Return (to be integrated with other pedals or with another Kemper)

- MIDI IN/ MIDI OUT

- USB audio

- Bluetooth audio in (for streaming backing tracks)

- 9/18 V pedalboard power friendly

- iPad iOS/Android App interface

- Suggested retail price: Between $699.99 - $899.99

I am happy with my rack+remote setup, but a unit like this could have many use cases and reach another consumer target:

- It could be an affordable add-on to run another Kemper Rig in parallel or in series with the Profiler or Stage. MIDI integration ready.

- Extension to the Remote Looper with the ability to record and store/recall loops

- A smaller alternative to the Remote.

- Convenient Kemper practice tool.

- Affordable Kemper backup

- Expand the Kemper users community by attracting pedalboard guys and competing with HX stomp, Iridium and other preamp pedals. (QC and FM3 are oversized and more expensive)

• I totally agree with this concept. I had this thought ages ago.

Why not have a device that we could store a limited amount of rigs in, non editable, just the rigs that we've fine tuned for ourselves, our own personal signature tones.

They can be stored in a practical , lightweight housing with only the guitar input and the following outputs: a pair of XLR's for mains and a pair of TRS jacks for monitors. The inclusion of two or even four jacks for looping and pedals.

In fact this concept can be built into the Remote. To have a smaller unit might be ideal, but as things stand right now, the remote would be perfect.

The device that can only be programmed by my Kemper Profiler Amp.

• I totally agree with this concept. I had this thought ages ago.

Why not have a device that we could store a limited amount of rigs in, non editable, just the rigs that we've fine tuned for ourselves, our own personal signature tones.

i disagree with the 'non-editable' at least for performing. We need to be able to edit rigs in a live situation.

• It would undoubtably be a good idea in these days of airlines rinsing everyone for luggage. However, limited rigs is pointless.

They use such little memory and you would have to design a new system with a different architecture. Also it would limit sales to those who only use limited patches.

I would see the same features and connectivity in a smaller box doing what a Kemper already does. You would lose the ability to edit on the unit and control it from computer of iPad to save space.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• In particular the USB audio, bluetooth and an app option is a must have these days I think. My desk (my whole music room indeed) has become so clean over the years, less cables, less dust... yet way more powerful - this is the right way. Regarding old profiles, please make any new device downward compatible, but I think this is self-evident.

Would like to add that from my perspective this is not the call for an all new KPA but for a smaller version - which is a different thing. The rest is up to the software and this a very good thing.

But: I kinda feel that such a device is not the idea behind the Profiling Amplifier. Would love to see it nevertheless.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• A mini profile player is a great idea. Last flying tour I did, I had to resort to an IR pedal instead of the KPA due to space limitations...luckily, for that artist I use only clean tones (pedal steel), so it worked OK. Sure missed the KPA though!

• The only way to do it is take the Kemper as hand luggage in a mini 3u rack. Then buy a double guitar case (I got an Enki) for one instrument and the other side for clothes. You can sometimes take a mini backpack for a laptop too. Airlines are intent on making life difficult.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7