Apollo Twin USB + Windows 10 Troubleshooting Problems, SOLVED!

• Hey Everyone!

I know this is isn't a direct Kemper question per se, but I feel optimistic a few of you have experienced these same issues I'm having so I wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone had any tips/advice.

I recently picked up an Apollo Twin USB which I'm attempting to install on my Dell G5 laptop. After countless hours of troubleshooting, I'm still running into the same problem... "This device requires superspeed USB 3.0, USB 3.0 not detected". I specifically bought this laptop because it was compatible with this interface :(

The Apollo twin install went exactly as stated per UA's website - install, restart, complete registration online, activate plugins, etc. No problems. The problem arises when I go to make the interface the default input/output audio device for the computer/Cubase DAW. It shows up in the UA meter but NOT in the audio settings option. In Cubase its an option, but when I select it , error message "device not found" pops up.

I've done the following actions multiple times, without luck

1) Updated all windows updates, firmware, BIOS, thunderbolt drivers, etc via Dell's website

2) Installed/uninstalled UA software many times

3) Tinkered with device manager settings - power saving options, disabling computer's ability to turn off USB ports, etc (all per UA audio's recommendations for windows installations). Device manager says"Device installed and working properly" for all USB ports.

When I plug in and power on the interface, the blue status bar pops up on my screen "Apollo USB detected" but then soon after that same dreaded error message pops up "This device requires superspeed USB 3.0, USB 3.0 not detected". I've tried each and every USB port on my laptop + the thunderbolt port (using thunderbolt USB 3 to USB 2 adapter), without luck. I would really hate to be forced to return this thing. =O

Any further tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help! :thumbup:

Kevin

• This is the adapter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…tle_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So you're saying try a different cable? So the back of the Apollo interface, is that just a "printer USB" type plug? So I need an aftermarket cable that is thunderbolt, not USB like the stock UA cable thats included.

I was suspicious the adapter was the culprit. Its just interesting that despite the adapter, the computer still registers the device through the thunderbolt port.

So you're saying I'd need this cable?

https://www.amazon.com/Printer…kb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

The stock cable says USB A on one end and USB B on the other...

Thanks ST!

• Hi, Kevin.

It doesn't surprise me that the computer registers the device. That doesn't guarantee that the connection is suitable for the device.

I can't promise that adapter will work. It's hard to tell from the pictures. But I'm reasonably certain that you have to connect to the Thunderbolt 3 port.

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-…ection-Info-USB-3-details