Kemper doesn't work for Gn'R guitarists

• I really think this is the biggest gift to a musician.Adding something to a good song which makes it eternal.A melody,a vibe whatever.

Comparing this ability to "wildest shred" ..I have to say I would easily let the shred go.

• What do you call being "better" at music? Knows more about theory? faster? more accurate? Made more money making it? More popular? In the last two cases I'd bet Slash is "better" at music. Go into a room and ask people who Pat Martino and Barney Kessell are and then ask if they know who Slash is. maybe I'm just a dullard but I couldn't name one Pat Martino or Barney Kessell song that ever went gold.

My point exactly!

• I think this topic has digressed.

The point is not to know if Slash is good or not, or neither if you love his music.

The first thing that embarass me is that it's not directly from Slash himself.

However, whoever said so, the main point is that a lot of poeple here don't understand this talk :

"So, in other words, I use a single-channel amp with Guns, and it's all about the volume knob. So if I want a clean sound, I just roll my volume down. With a tube amp, it gets clean and sparkly. And Slash does the same thing."

We didn't notice this fact and we are not "all volume up glued pot guys" ;)^^.

On the other hand, i've got an exemple of a newbie called Mark Knopfler (who likes to play with volume pot too, i don't know, but i've heard so ) who has done his last tour with kemper.....

So i stay estonished like many of us here....:/

• Sorry to digress further...

I look at a great guitarist as to how well they do their job. I can't think of any other guitarist who could have made Appetite what it was. How would it have sounded if it was CC Deville? Or even Steve Vai? It definitely wouldn't have sounded great and you probably wouldn't listen to it twice.

And how would Passion and Warfare sound with Slash wailing away for an hour plus? I don't want to contemplate that one.

I think we can all agree that Slash was the best guitarist for Appetite for Destruction, the Edge is the best guitarist for U2, Nuno is the guitarist's guitarist (huge fan too!) and the Kemper can do whatever you need it to do given the time and commitment :)

• I'll go with that ;)

• ( Guitar ) case closed ? 8o

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.