Kemper doesn't work for Gn'R guitarists

• Is the name calling really necessary just because someone doesn't like what we like? I mean, it really reflects back on everyone here.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• After using Helix and then Kemper the last 4 years or so and ditching the tube amps, I’ve gotten a JVM410H and a 1960A 4x12 and I have to say OMG. Forgot how it feels to have a cranked amp.

That said, I still love my Kemper, and putting the Kemper through the amp is GREAT also.

No need to be on one side of the fence or the other. Love all!

My wife is ok with me loving many amps and guitars as long as I just love one woman :)

That's an awesome amp, man! I have one too. It's capable of some amazing tones, and four channels are pretty much all you need to cover any gig in my opinion. Here's a short clip I did with mine.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/C…m_source=ig_web_copy_link

• ITT: Band that hasn't actually been relevant for 20 years tried the Kemper once and didn't understand how to use it.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• ITT: Band that hasn't actually been relevant for 20 years tried the Kemper once and didn't understand how to use it.

Nobody understood or liked EVH's tone except one producer and about billion fans! Only 1/7th the world's population.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I use 2x10-Speakers in one cabinet (Spark) and a Kone in another cabinet. Each one is loud enough for any rock/Metal song. Both are more than enough and the mix of FRFR with the imprints is amazing. Nothing“boxy“ in general. I found that it is always profile related and therefore an eq issue. So dialing in tones is crucial and can be done wrong with any gear.

• One of the very few things that I don't like about the KPA is that the tone doesn't change when I roll back my guitar's volume. I know that is a good thing for a many players but a lot of amps, particularly non-master volume amps like 4 input Marshalls and tweed Fenders, brighten up when you roll back the guitar's volume when the amp is cranked. The KPA doesn't do that. The tone stays the same. I think that may be what Richard Fortus is talking about.

• weird. I always found that rolling the guitar volume back on a Marshall always made the sound ‘duller’ losing the top end edge/fizz. Even a small adjustment can take the edge off. I’ve played on plexis, master volumes and 800s for many years and with a Les Paul and set them up with that in mind. The old ‘switch to the rhythm pickup on 3’for clean sounds had to be set up first to make sure it wasn’t too dull ..just my experience with Les Paul’s mind. I’ve no idea how other guitars change the sound.

• weird. I always found that rolling the guitar volume back on a Marshall always made the sound ‘duller’ losing the top end edge/fizz. Even a small adjustment can take the edge off. I’ve played on plexis, master volumes and 800s for many years and with a Les Paul and set them up with that in mind. The old ‘switch to the rhythm pickup on 3’for clean sounds had to be set up first to make sure it wasn’t too dull ..just my experience with Les Paul’s mind. I’ve no idea how other guitars change the sound.

Guitar volume roll offs are for those Fender Amp + Tube Screamer guys. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

I do think one of the features of the 50's wiring scheme is to counter the treble roll-off. Maybe something to try.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• One of the very few things that I don't like about the KPA is that the tone doesn't change when I roll back my guitar's volume. I know that is a good thing for a many players but a lot of amps, particularly non-master volume amps like 4 input Marshalls and tweed Fenders, brighten up when you roll back the guitar's volume when the amp is cranked. The KPA doesn't do that. The tone stays the same. I think that may be what Richard Fortus is talking about.

are you sure it does not come from your guitar?
    all volume knobs players (as I am too) install a treble bleed in their guitars to keep the treble when you roll off the volume.
    « normal » configuration without treble bleed darken the tone with volume rolled off

• are you sure it does not come from your guitar?
    all volume knobs players (as I am too) install a treble bleed in their guitars to keep the treble when you roll off the volume.
    « normal » configuration without treble bleed darken the tone with volume rolled off

Sorry, I am late to the party.

Many say, that with digital amps rolling down the guitars volume pot does not clean down as well as on a real tube amp.

The Profiler is an open book in this manner, because the authenticiy of cleaning down can easily be checked in every A/B comparison and thus is an aspect in many profiling videos, with success.

If someone states, that the Profiler does not clean down authenticly, without comparing side by side, he is comparing an apple in front of him, to an orange he has in mind.

If we don't talk about dedicated fuzz pedals, this whole cleaning down is not an impedance topic.

Tube amps have typical input impedances of 1 MegaOhm. So has the Profiler. The guitars volume pot does not interact too much with such high input impedance, and if so, in the same way.

This is different with certain fuzz devices that feature an input impedance lower than 10 kOhm, less than a 1/100 of the amp.

This is not a property of germanium fuzz only, silicon fuzz do it equally.

You have seen our new beta software that features our new Kemper Fuzz . For the Profiler Stage it provides a real input resistor switchable by the fuzz effect, and doing the special clean down trick.

• I was having a jam on the weekend with a few musos and a small crowd, the other guitarist was gobsmacked how I could go from high gain (7.5 on the gain dial on a plexi profile) to Wind Cries Mary whilst on the other side of the hall from my amp by just switching pickups and lowering the guitar's volume.

It definitely works, I'm happy to show Slash if he needs

• Slash and I both tried Kempers out in rehearsal once, and it doesn't work for us

Hilarious. Tried them ONCE. It took me a more than month to really start to understand how to get mine in the zone. And I have no problems using/digging into complicated gear.

Ever see that video where Richard bought one of Mick Mars old Marshalls? My Kemper would run circles around that amp or replicate it easily.

If I could I'd bet $1,000.00 I could profile his coveted amp, blindfold him and he couldn't tell the difference.

Personally, I'm astounded how well the Kemper cleans up rolling the volume back. I remember when I had my first Line 6 flextone II, If you rolled back a distortion preset it would turn into grainy crap. Not a big problem, I just didn't use my volume knob and would just switch presets if I wanted different gain levels. Still to this day, I get surprised hearing how the Kemper responds to the volume knob like a tube amp. I had a searing ENGL profile that I could knock back to pretty darn clean. You couldn't do that with a tubescreamer into an amp without switching it off, no way.

I can easily take a cranked super lead sound, and roll back the volume, switch to single coil and go to a funk tone without any gritty artifacts.

Sometimes I'll have a performance with a few gain levels set in slots then wonder why I am doing that when I can roll back the volume or add a bit of a boost to go up or down in gain with just one slot. I guess it's still in my head from the old line 6 days!

KPA didn't work for them because they didn't want them to, not because it couldn't. Not "cool" enough.