Looper position changes depending on performance - help!

• Hey guys,

I recently set up a new performance and am having trouble with the looper. It records just fine but when I'm in my first performance slot it seems to record with the chosen profile and then run that output signal through whichever profile I change to causing it to change the sound of the recorded loop. What it doesn't do is simply feed the recorded signal into a new profile (like the looper is in the input setting), I moved the position of the looper and got dramatically different results in sound.
    What's even stranger is that this only happens on my first performance, all of my others seem to function perfectly.

Here is a video -

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?
    Thanks,

Oliver

• I found this for you in the Main Manual paragraph dedicated to the Looper:

By setting the Looper Location switch in the respective System Settings page, you can choose the position of the Looper in the signal flow.

¨   Looper Location Input

The Looper is placed right after the instrument input. It records the pure guitar signal and plays it back before the effect modules. When you change Rigs during the playback of the loop, you'll hear the playback processed by the different Rigs. However, when you perform overdubs, then all overdubs will be run through the same Rig, as if multiple guitars were played through the same amp at the same time.

¨   Looper Location Output

The Looper is placed right after the last effect - the REV module. It records the fully processed stereo signal. When you change Rigs during the playback of the loop, the playback sound will not change! This allows you to play along, or even overdub, with an unlimited number of different Rigs.

• Consequently, while Looper Location is set to “Output” the playback is inserted after the REV module and can only be monitored on those outputs that have their respective output source set to “Master….”.
  • I found this for you in the Main Manual paragraph dedicated to the Looper:

By setting the Looper Location switch in the respective System Settings page, you can choose the position of the Looper in the signal flow.

¨   Looper Location Input

The Looper is placed right after the instrument input. It records the pure guitar signal and plays it back before the effect modules. When you change Rigs during the playback of the loop, you'll hear the playback processed by the different Rigs. However, when you perform overdubs, then all overdubs will be run through the same Rig, as if multiple guitars were played through the same amp at the same time.

¨   Looper Location Output

The Looper is placed right after the last effect - the REV module. It records the fully processed stereo signal. When you change Rigs during the playback of the loop, the playback sound will not change! This allows you to play along, or even overdub, with an unlimited number of different Rigs.

• Consequently, while Looper Location is set to “Output” the playback is inserted after the REV module and can only be monitored on those outputs that have their respective output source set to “Master….”.

Thank you for your help. I understand how the positioning of the looper should affect the control of the sound, my problem is that is set in the output position but the sound does change when the profile changes even though it shouldn't, as says these instructions.

--

So I have somewhat solved the problem..

I mainly use the Powerhead through a 2x12 and so have up until recently manually pressed the Cabinet button to turn off the simulation in each profile and then saved them that way. I learned a couple days ago that there is an option to disable cab sim across the board for the powered output and so now I have that selected and the cabinet light stays on, this way I can use it with FOH simultaneouly (the need that led me to this discovery).

So my new performance has the cabinet enabled unlike all my others and it is with this that I am having the looper issue, when I turn the cabs off the problem goes away. Is there any way to solve this and have the cabinet output enabled for FOH but disabled for my 2x12?

1. In the individual Rigs make sure the Cab section is on (lit up).
    2. In the Output settings activate Monitor Cab Off (soft button). This affects only the monitor outputs, not the main outputs to FOH.