Best SRV Rig.

• I realize that I'm way late for the party as "blues" guitarists have been going for that SRV tone for ages now. I never chased his tone but I know there are thousands that have that are way ahead of me trying so I wanted to ask any SRV type tone chasers what's your favorite rig for getting his tone? ( I realize this would be second only to asking "How do you get VH's tone :rolleyes: )

Top suggested rigs?

• I own a Kemper because other people are way better at the tone hunt than I am, so add me to the list of the interested.

And you're never too late for a party as long as you show up. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• MBritt T hat Royalty (from his 2020 pack I think). Obviously with a TS, and I really dig the Chorus Rotary Speaker which I morph from 0 - 100% with a bit of added ducking.

If you want I can look up the other settings sometime :thumbup:

• I use one of the cleanish dumble profiles (I dont remember which one, there are only 5) from the pack 2 of michael britt, I think it is a Ctone amp. But really, what you need is a cranked fender sound, with a cab that has a good and rounded bass response, your favorite strat in neck position (I love the EJ pickups, the pickup on the neck is meant to sound like a 54 neck pickup) a treble boost or overdrive, and everything else in the hands, SRV has some amazing chops, if you can play pride and joy as clean as he does live, you are 80% there.

The answer is 42

• Also have done it with a tone junkie bassman old profile, which in my opinion is one of the best bassman packs out there, and with the vibroverb from the 2020 m britt pack. Or you can delve into the more dumble side of things. ¿ Are you looking for early SRV or late SRV?

The answer is 42

• I was looking for this in the "Free rigs" section:|

Then my recommendation stands, look for a Bassman or vibroverb amp with a lot of body (thats the trick), that is maybe in the 3/4 gain section, and use your neck in the strat. I will look this weekend on the rig manager, and will let you know if I find anything nice and easy to setup.

The answer is 42

• GRS FSR 06 MAB N1 Fender super reverb from GRStudios

Try this one! I really like it and Has a boost, EQ and TS with it that are cool. I like it "plain" for strumming, with boost for a bit more kick and add TS for leads. Very well done profile IMO better than a lot of "top rated" ones I've tried in this genre.