IR loader as an effect

• We can already load IR's as cabinets. How about adding the ability to load an IR as an effect in the stomp slots?

For example, 3SigmaAudio has IR's for specific guitars, to allow simulating various guitar types. This might be a step like Using a Keyztone Exchange or SIM1 to model different guitars.

Electric Impulses - 3 Sigma Audio

I already use the 3Sigma acoustic IR's as a cabinet in the Kemper and it works very well. I suspect if could use the electric IR's as a stomp, so I could still have a cabinet in place, it might be just as good.

Also, this might be a way to add other IR types like reverbs, IR's of OD pedals and so on. It might even be interesting to see how an extra speaker IR as a stomp might work.

This could already be done by using an external IR loader, maybe like the Mooer Radar, before the Kemper, but if it could be used as a Kemper preset it might be a cool addition.

• The Kemper can not load IR. It can only CONVERT IR to Kemper cab format.

• Point being that they already read them. I've had no problem importing any IR of any sample rate as a cabinet. I'd imagine their conversion is mostly cleanup/trimming and storing in the sample rate they prefer. IR loading is pretty standard on all competitors, and even on several fairly inexpensive pedals, so I'm sure they've at least thought about it.

It doesn't seem like all that much of a stretch to allow them in other slots. Of course if they allow two, then what's to prevent using other slots. That would probably quickly cause resource problems.

But they seem good at figuring things out.

• Point being that they already read them. I've had no problem importing any IR of any sample rate as a cabinet. I'd imagine their conversion is mostly cleanup/trimming and storing in the sample rate they prefer. IR loading is pretty standard on all competitors, and even on several fairly inexpensive pedals, so I'm sure they've at least thought about it.

It doesn't seem like all that much of a stretch to allow them in other slots. Of course if they allow two, then what's to prevent using other slots. That would probably quickly cause resource problems.

But they seem good at figuring things out.

Again: Kemper does not just load and "read" any IR like a standard IR loader.

Kemper used a tool called Cab Maker in the past, now the IR are automatically converted to Kemper cab file format.

• It's a feature request, not a debate.

I'm sure you can't know any better than I on how they process them on import, or any specifics on the "Kemper" cab format.

I know they used Cab Maker and I'll guess it's just the same thing now but internal to RM. It's not as if it got any better - just more convenient. I completely agree with many others here that the Kemper cabs are far superior to any speaker IR's that I've run across so whatever they do, good on them.

So regardless of the fine details, they read IR's, just like everyone else. What they do with them after that is theirs to play with. Hopefully they'll pick this up and consider allowing more use of them.

• It's a feature request, not a debate.

On a public forum - like it or not - everything is a debate.

So regardless of the fine details, they read IR's, just like everyone else. What they do with them after that is theirs to play with. Hopefully they'll pick this up and consider allowing more use of them.

When has Kemper ever done something ‘like everyone else?

I would suspect that because the Profiler automatically separates the mic’d cab from the amp - in a proprietary way - Cab Maker is a necessity in order to work with other Profiles.

If it were as simple as plugging and IR in and moving on, why bother with the charade of Cab Maker?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche