Soon to Be New User

• Hello everyone!

As the title says, I have not yet bought my Stage but I am in negioations with pricing from a retailer.

I still have a lot to learn but one of my first questions is can I preview a rig before making a purchase/download or is it just sort of a gamble as to what you get?

I know there are many respected profile makers such as M Britt and tone junkie and as such I know that you get a quality profile from theses sources but I thought it would be cool if you could preview tones before you buy but I don't see that option anywhere...

For me, I would most likely be looking for a pretty basic pack. Something that gets great Fender type tones for church as well as high gain Les Paul/modded Marshall tones for my regular rock band.

My current rig is a LP through a Splawn Quickrod in the rock band and my Strat in church. I currently use the Atomic Amplifire 12 there. But once I pull the trigger on the Kemper it will be for both.

Thanks!!

• Most sellers publish demos and offer some free samples but overall I'd say it is kind of a gamble and a matter of personal taste. For basic stuff you can easily get away with just factory profiles (they are very good and included in price of Profiler) and Rig Exchange - where there are thousands of profiles (with enough patience you'll find there what you need for free).

• Welcome, have fun here in the forum and with your Kemper once it arrives. It's an incredible machine. Enjoy!

Anyway the Kemper comes already loaded with threehundredsomething profiles which includes a wide selection of some well known commercial profile makers as well as some gems from other sources. You can download and check separate RigPacks from Kemper as well. And you have the RigExchange with 17000 free profiles from which some are pure gold - but not so easy to find in the sheer amount.

Check all this before you start buying. The samples from commercial profile makers will give you a feeling on where the respective sweet spots are.

• Anyway the Kemper comes already loaded with threehundredsomething profiles which includes a wide selection of some well known commercial profile makers as well as some gems from other sources. You can download and check separate RigPacks from Kemper as well. And you have the RigExchange with 17000 free profiles from which some are pure gold - but not so easy to find in the sheer amount.

This!

BTW you won't have to download Kemper's Rig Packs; they're built into the Rig Manager editing / librarian app.

The samples from commercial profile makers will give you a feeling on where the respective sweet spots are.

This too.

Those Rig Packs we spoke of are the best place to start IMHO. You may find you don't even need to buy anything after you've auditioned these.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you have a great time with your new baby when it arrives, mate. God bless. :thumbup:

• Hi, Gtrjunior.

Welcome to the community. The Kemper Stage is a great tool and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do, mine.

Let me reiterate what others have said as I encourage you to audition the Profiles that you'll get with your Profiler and Rig Manager (free) before you spend any more money. ? Before you buy Commercial Rigs and Profiles check out the Rig Manager for Rig Packs and Rig Exchange

Here are some more essential resources for you.

? Kemper Manuals and Quick Start guides ?

? Rig Manager Download and Documentation ??

? Kemper Tutorials & Demos (videos) ?

? Kemper FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)

I'm glad you joined us.

ST

• Hi and welcome to the forum and a lot of fun with the Kemper Stage when it arrives.

The Rig Packs in the Rigmanager are a good point to start. There are a lot of packs from commercial sellers to see which suit your taste.

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Congrats and Welcome!

You can get some pretty good Fender tones with the included profiles. Plus, you can find more on the Rig Exchange at Kemper Home-->Community-->Rig Exchange. Maybe no need to buy commercial profiles.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• From the software (rig manager) and publishers alike, there are a ton of options available for having free profiles. I have said it before, but for me, if you want a "just about any flavor" pack to get you started, M Britt 2020 pack is the way to go.

But before buying anything, start your honeymoon period with some free profiles, rig manager recomendations (rmpache morgan profile comes to mind), and the stock stuff that comes with the kemper.

If you come from the analog world, you have some options to start rocking:

* You use a cab with an external power amp (like the power stage 170), for this turn off the cab section

* You go directly to the FX loop of your splawn amp (and again turn of your cab section in the kemper)

* You go front house with cab ON or to a monitor speaker (ideally full range speaker)

Have fun and welcome :D

The answer is 42