The sheer difficulty in swapping a new amp/cab into rig WITHOUT messing up all of the other effects is an absolute joke, an needs to be fixed. Also, the fact that the editor doesn't have an undo button is simply unacceptable

• I have basically the same setup/template for all of my performances. Generic stereo looping effect, them, chorus, comp, octave, and wah. Then each rig inside a performance has its own drive/EQ tailor fit to the amp. For the longest time, whenever I wanted to compare multiple amps side by side, I would bring a new amp into my performances, and all of the preset effects from that amps rig would overwrite my performance template. I recently learned that I could simply lock all of the effects in my performance template and when I selected a new amp rig, the only setting that would change would be the unlocked parts of my template (i.e. the amp/cab). Of course, this brings on a whole new set of problems. First off, its an absolute bitch to have to manually lock/unlock each effect. Then, every time I move to another preset in my performance, I have to once again manually unlock the drive/EQ so they don't overwrite the preset I am switching to, because as I said above, although most effects are identical between presets, but the drives/EQ changes for each, so they can be tailored to the amps profile. But then, if there is an empty spot, that is unlocked and I move to the next preset, that empty spot will be populated with the original effect that as in profiles original rig. It's constant back and forth and fixing and locking and unlocking and accidentally overwriting and it is simply and absolute mess!! All I want to do is simply swap out the amp/cab and not change anything else, but apparently that is beyond science! I don't even know if any of this even makes sense at all because it is such a clusterfuck of confusion. It is so unintuitive, I don't even know how to explain it. I literally cringe every time I move to a new preset because I wonder what did I miss that's going to get overwritten this time? How much work am I going to lose here?

Oh, and one more thing... THERE ISN'T EVEN AN UNDO BUTTON IN THE EDITOR!! How is that even possible??? How can anything in 2021 be released and not have literally the most basic feature? I love love love love LOVE my Kemper so much, but the interface is some of the most backwards, and unintuitive rap imaginable.

Okay, so that turned into a rant, sorry but this its just frusterating to dial in the perfect settings just to have them overwritten because the UI is stupid and then not be able to undo, because apparently that is too much to ask

Edited once, last by jstoffel ().

• I have saved interesting amps and caps in own preset folders. If I edit some performance rig and try another cab, I just goto the presets cab, mark a cab and drag it onto the cab icon of the performance I am editing. Nothing more. This works.

Ok. When I have done this, and I wanted an Undo, then it would be nice to have an Undo click. But there are workarounds.

• I also work in Browser mode more often when dialing-in new rigs and then load them into my performance after. I like using “snapshots” as a quick way to save what I have edited without need to save it as a new rig/name until I get it the way I want. That way I can easily try different versions of the rig/effects/cab etc and go back and forth between them or revert back to the original rig setting.

• Undo would be greatly welcomed that's for sure.

Locking and unlocking is a little frustrating and the ability to save full FX section presets in RM (as you can on the Toaster and Rack) would be a BIG step forward.

However, you can simply select the Stack on the KPA itself (no RM) and use selective browsing to load just an Amp and Cab without affecting any FX. The real joy of the KPA is how fantastic the physical UI is. RM is still a work on progress and still.needs to catch up with the KPA itself but I'm sure it will get there eventually.

• Undo would be greatly welcomed that's for sure.

I might be wrong about this, but isn't there a forum thread somewhere dedicated to Feature Requests? I think jstoffel has some good ideas about bringing in an amp without its effects, undo, etc. Those suggestions might gain more traction if they were in the same place as all the other feature requests.

Also, while heaven knows I've lost years of my life to stress and frustration with computers, it's been my experience that yelling at someone isn't usually the best way to get them to do what you want. If you do post your ideas in feature requests, it would probably be better received if you just outlined the details of the features that you think would make RM better without venting your frustrations. They're certainly legit, but they don't help you accomplish your goals.

It took them a long time to get an editor out but they do seem to listen to their customers.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• While an undo button in-software is an omission I don't understand, the undo button on the KPA will still work. Whether your changes are from Rig Manager or the unit itself. I use that frequently.

From a locking perspective and excluding the Stage - use the physical Stomps and Effects buttons to lock their respective sections.

Or - Save the rigs containing the amps you want to test on your KPA. Then (for Toaster/Rack) - Hold the Stack button, turn the browse knob one click, select Presets or From Rigs soft-button. For the Stage, I believe you'd need to do the same operation but with both Amp and Cab buttons. There is no Stack button.

I'd like to be able to do all of this in-software, but you currently can't. At least for me, my Toaster is within arm's reach of where my computer is. So it's not a big deal.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• While an undo button in-software is an omission I don't understand, the undo button on the KPA will still work. Whether your changes are from Rig Manager or the unit itself. I use that frequently.

Hmm, I'd be quite content if the undo button on the unit had worked for Rig Manager, but it doesn't work for me.

Well, it sort of does, but in a very weird and non useful way:

- If I load a new rig and make changes using RM exclusively, the undo button on the unit stays off, so no undo at all on that scenario.

- If I make changes using both the unit and RM, and then press the undo button, the last change I've made on the unit is undone, along with *all* the changes I had made on RM since the change on the unit that preceded it.

Are you seeing something different ?

• Huh.... If I load a rig, make changes in RM, the undo button lights, but when pressed removes all changes made in RM. If I make changes in both - it behaves the same as yours does.

I guess I never noticed that behavior.

I stand corrected and puzzled.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I have basically the same setup/template for all of my performances. Generic stereo looping effect, them, chorus, comp, octave, and wah. Then each rig inside a performance has its own drive/EQ tailor fit to the amp. For the longest time, whenever I wanted to compare multiple amps side by side, I would bring a new amp into my performances, and all of the preset effects from that amps rig would overwrite my performance template. I recently learned that I could simply lock all of the effects in my performance template and when I selected a new amp rig, the only setting that would change would be the unlocked parts of my template (i.e. the amp/cab).

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

Did you try Burkhard's approach he gave you in his reply to your other post on this

I want to swap amps in a rig preset, and ONLY change the amp module, not the entire preset… how?