Camplifier 280 or seymour duncan powerstage 170/200?

• Both are good solutions and provide clean, clear power. As such, they really shouldn't sound all that different. They're both supposed to amplify your signal with as little coloration as possible.

The Camplifier doesn't require you to carry an extra item. Once mounted, it's part of the KPA.

Since it is separate, the Powerstage leaves you the option to use it for other things without the KPA present.

It really comes down to which form-factor suits your needs. I personally wouldn't give any thought to which one sounds better.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Both are good solutions and provide clean, clear power. As such, they really shouldn't sound all that different. They're both supposed to amplify your signal with as little coloration as possible.

The Camplifier doesn't require you to carry an extra item. Once mounted, it's part of the KPA.

Since it is separate, the Powerstage leaves you the option to use it for other things without the KPA present.

It really comes down to which form-factor suits your needs. I personally wouldn't give any thought to which one sounds better.

OK, Thx for your answer.

Actually I have a GSS baby sumo and the sound fell too boxy compared to a kemper powerhead.

For that reason I want to change, but I don't want to make mistake

I know the SD powerstage has the same power module of the powerhead, but I like the integrated version of the camplifier...

• I believe the Baby Sumo is a Class D amp. The same fundamental technology in the Powerhead/rack. There are certainly variations in quality.

I’d honestly be shocked if the power amp was contributing much, if anything to the tone.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I believe the Baby Sumo is a Class D amp. The same fundamental technology in the Powerhead/rack. There are certainly variations in quality.

I’d honestly be shocked if the power amp was contributing much, if anything to the tone.

Yes it's a class d amp.

I have compared it with a powerhead with the same profile, in a 2x12 cab with kones.

More open and less high with the powerhead. A more natural sound.

• Yes the Camplifier is only good in a toaster KPA, they do a floor unit for the stage but doesn’t integrate as well.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• I have a Kemper Stage and a Sd170 to feed a Kemper Kone.
    Everything is Ok excepted that the Sd170 is noisy for my « domestic » / studio purpose, due to the fan running full time.