Kemper wireless headphones

• Hi guys,

i just recently got a KPA and it is really my thing. I tried to search for any solutions for the use of wireless headphones without the issue of bluetooth latency, but i couldn't find a solution.

Do you guys know if there are any good solutions to play with wireless headphones in 2021?

Thanks in advance!

Niek

• Hi!

Some weeks ago I tried a Bluetooth transmitter from Am...n.

I send it back same day!

The latency is not usable.

I think, the only way for "freedom of movement" is an inear system.

I don't know an BT-system with nearly 0 latency.

For home I use a longer cable

Regads

Peter

• As you've surmised, bluetooth won't work due to latency.

A wireless monitoring system is the obvious, if not expensive, choice. A quick search yields something like an LD Systems ME1100 G2 can be had for around $275. Plug in a set of headphones or in-ears. There you go.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Sennheiser RS120 II is what I use, I've no doubt there's better sounding options with in ears, but these are quick and easy to use, no cords and zero latency. I use them almost every day

• I still use a pair of Sony RF wireless headphones at home but.....sound is OK, not very flat and they have a built in limiter so volume is limited.

I do find them useful for just playing as opposed to testing sounds or recording etc...

• Wireless Bluetooth technology uses compression which will change the tone drastically. Get wired or use other than Bluetooth.!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Wireless Bluetooth technology uses compression which will change the tone drastically. Get wired or use other than Bluetooth.!

Actually the newer protocols are ok (like aptx etc.). However the latency will still be an issue.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I really don't use my IEM system much as I rarely need it.

Because of that I bought a cheap system called Anleon S2 (Between 130-150$ Canadian).

Very far from the best but it does the job.

• I have that as well. Works great. It is mono however which might not be what you want for use at home.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I went down this road today after one final bout with the cord on my headphones. I usually play through my Kabinet but wife and neighbors won't be happy if I rock on after bedtime. I have both IEMs and some Over-ear headphones which sound incredible with the Kemper headphone amp.

I had a look at the Xvive U4 and almost ordered it when I realized that it is mono. I play to a lot to backing tracks and that would just remove some of the joy for me.

It seems everything else is rack size and has a lot of features I just don't need. I want to transport sound wirelessly from the Kemper to my headphones. The Boss Waza seems ridiculous and alright at best.

Does anybody have experience with e.g. the LD Systems MEI 1000 G2for home use? Any other suggestions?

• I've got an MEI 1000 system and am happy with it live. It degrades the sound though, i don't care when playing with a band as the benefits of wireless iems are immense but I wouldn't use it at home.

• I am using the Boss Waza Air. Works well ...

I do have a Waza Air, it sounds good on its own use case, but with Kemper not so much.

Kemper guitar signal goes through Boss proprietary wireless, no latency, and I get Waza’s stereo surround and gyroscopic experience, additionally, I can stream music through Bluetooth. However, the sound using Waza’s flat mode is not even close to the sound I get from my wired headphones.

Is there any other alternative setting? How did you make it sound good with the Kemper?

• The Shure PSM-300 system is digital, stereo, robust and very low-latency. I bought it for live use but sometimes use it for practice at home.

I might have to go down this route. It is digital so I figure that the sound is pretty similar to the built in Headphone amp?

It hurts spending that much for a wireless headphone solution though.

Edited once, last by Frikeer ().