Reamp - remix - rinse - repeat

• Well fwiw u did a remix and tried to get more balance between guitar and vocals. Also tried different compressor on master bus. It never ends, mixing is perfect for OCD... Lol I'm happy enough with the project and guitar tone.

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• OK Dan, here's my take on your progress so far:

You've moved the vocals closer to the listener and the geetar further away compared to the previous mix.

IMHO the vocals always needed to come forward, but the guitar, which gained a lot of intelligibility in the last update, could've stayed right where it was I reckon. Pushing it back only starts to get you back into that mushy territory that you fought so hard to pull the guitar out of.

HTH mate, and well done. 8)

• Actually moved the gtrs up slightly by 1 db but the vox now mask the definition of gtrs. It's a learning curve, guess one could mix until they find residency in the mental ward. Lol

• By "pushing it back" I didn't mean reducing the level of the guitars. In mixing parlance it means placing it further away from the listener.

This is why you lost that definition. The vox needed to come forward, which you achieved by reducing the reverb. It didn't require a rise in volume necessarily; it was simply living too far away. Raising its volume is probably partly why you lost that bit of guitar intelligibility.

• By "pushing it back" I didn't mean reducing the level of the guitars. In mixing parlance it means placing it further away from the listener.

This is why you lost that definition. The vox needed to come forward, which you achieved by reducing the reverb. It didn't require a rise in volume necessarily; it was simply living too far away. Raising its volume is probably partly why you lost that bit of guitar intelligibility.

Damn lol I should just hire you to do my mixes.. hahha Compressors/EQ's and Limiters are dangerous in the wrong hands.