MIDI control external effects

• Hi

I want to use mu Lexicon rack effect for reverb to free effect slots in the Kemper.

I need to send MIDI program change to the Lexicon.

I have seen a Kemper video about MIDI but it assume that I have a pedal (whammy in the video) in one slot.

Is it not possible to send a MIDI program change immediately when I change a rig without using a pedal in an effect slot?

Mike

• you can send 2 program changes for every slot in every performance from the MIDI output to external devices.

All you need is a MIDI cable. As soon as you select a slot that has a MIDI program change associated to it the program change command will be sent to the external device.

• Thanks!

But Iwhant my Lexicon to bu placed after the Kemper. I use it for reverb and some delays. That frees two slots for other effects.

Why is it only possible to send MIDI messages in performance mode and not also in browser mode?

• You do not need to use the FX loop if you want to send the complete Profiler signal to your external effect. You can still send program changes in perform mode to external gear though.

Sending program changes is only available in perform mode because that is the mode that is meant to be used for live performing. Browse mode is designed for browsing rigs.