Unexpected Wah Sounds

• Anyone else having an issue with unexpected wah sounds? It comes out of nowhere, sounds like one quick sweep of the pedal, then things are normal again.

These random wahs seem to happen when I haven't touched the Remote or my two Mission EP1s for several minutes. There should be nothing going on but awesome tone, and then ... blargh.

I haven't been able to figure it out. I use the "bypass on stop" feature, but like I said, these wah sounds happen seemingly without user input.

Any ideas? Thank you --

• Is this during live play where stage movements might do an accidental movement of the pedal? I read a couple of posts from people with that problem. I only had the problem when activating the morph feature but it seems like I would hear the wah randomly. I solved that by deactivating the morph to wah link, it might be worth a shot to check that (I don't see how that would be related but it might be worth a try.)

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• I had what sounds like a similar issue using a Mission pedal. No matter what wah setting I used (bypass at heel, bypass at toe, bypass at stop) it would happen ... very random. Could not cause it to happen. I changed cables, tighten the Mission pedal to be sure vibration wasn't causing it.

What fixed it was connecting the toe switch on the Mission to the remote. Now it have to step down to activate the wah (pretty much the way you would with "real" wah pedals). Haven't had the issue since.

• I'm using a Mission with Bypass@Stop and with no toe switch in the rehearsal room and never had that issue. I'm testing with another Mission with a spring and no toe switch and never experienced that behavior. There must be something in your environment causing fluctuations of the electrical resistance, which are consequently interpreted as moves by the PROFILER. If the resistance is stable, it doesn't happen.

• There must be something in your environment causing fluctuations of the electrical resistance, which are consequently interpreted as moves by the PROFILER.

not necessarily. The pedals can losen over time and start drooping. I’ve had it happen with several pedals including my Mission and a Dunlop Wah as well as a Morley wah. Tightening them often helps but only for a short time. Basically I won’t trust anything other than a toe switch for live use.

• If the pedal is loose and moves, the resistance is fluctuating and that is causing the PROFILER to activate the Wah. Otherwise it might compromise the response time using Bypass@Stop. Bypass@Heel has a little grace area. Therefor vibrations in heel position shouldn't cause that issue in combination with Bypass@Heel.

I never experienced that with my two Mission and Dunlop expression pedals.

• Unfortunately, I’ve suffered from droopy Wah syndrome on a few occasions and it’s not fun. Even with a bit a grace I personally wouldn’t ever rely on bypass at heel. With a little grace range I could probably trust bypass@toe but a toe switch if fail safe and feels like using a real Crybaby which I prefer in a performance situation. However, the fact that the KPA allows the user to choose how they want to bypass the wah is a great thing and lets each user set their system to suit their personal tastes ??