9 years Kemperized (and counting)

• On this day (26th March 2012) I pulled a trigger and bought a Kemper, after watching one YouTube video (KPA vs RECTO).

Since then it has been love-hate relationship. Mostly because I sucked ad playing guitar (and expected Kemper to sound "ampish" on 5" studio monitors ). Since the day that I anandoned any expectations, since I started appreciating my playing, magic has happened. It goes far beyond just playing (which is huge part of my life).

Can't remember first software version, but:

- I lived without Rig Manager,

- there was no Pure Cabinet,

- I remember forum topic about Remote being in development,

- the day when improved delays and reverbs were introduced, showed how much resources this unit still has,

- Editor (within Rig Manager) was asked since 2012 I think, but finally it landed and is still being improved

What else? Only the company knows, I'm fine with Kemper1. This is the unit that outstands today's products' lifecycle philosophy - "get new unit every 2~3 years". It lasts.

Have a good weekend everybody.

• I'm coming up to 7 years myself...

It wasn't instant love for me either - I loved the convenience and one stop shop solution and the sound was good, but not wow.

This was for 3 main reasons:

1) I was running it like a normal amp - 4x12, miked up which covered up duff profiles..

2) I was convinced that Digital would sound fizzy and so had that in my head. It took others to tell me it sounded good

3) I was so used to my old sound that even a Dumble/plexi/Soldano/Diezel/{any high end amp} would not sound as good

After about 18 months I became convinced. I now realise that the KPA can do whatever sound I want...the challenge is finding it...so I have no desire/GAS for anything else.

Simplicity is a massive plus.

• i have mine nearly 6 years now.

After playing GT-10 and VG-99 i wanted to have something not so technical and was looking for a BluGuitar Amp1.
    My local store ordered one for testing, but i didnt like it.
    The man in the store said: Have a try with the Kemper, and here i am.

• Got mine in April 2012, after watching a video of it profiling a blackface Fender. It has a bunch of LEDs that don't work on it but I haven't wanted it to leave the house for the time it would take to get it repaired. Without question the best value in equipment I've ever had given its longevity.

• got mine 2013

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

What else? Only the company knows, I'm fine with Kemper1. This is the unit that outstands today's products' lifecycle philosophy - "get new unit every 2~3 years". It lasts.

If you break down the upgerades that other devices have had from the beginning over several years, this is perhaps an advantage. I don't get it. But I like KPA for its sound and vividness.

I forgot to never post here when I'm drinking a beer :D

Too much honesty ;)

But in the end, I still enjoy this device.

• LOL. Got mine 4 months ago, and already forgot the date. Maybe because I'm getting ready to order my 9th guitar. But I am having a blast anyway!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• On this day (26th March 2012) I pulled a trigger and bought a Kemper, after watching one YouTube video (KPA vs RECTO).

✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄ - ✂ - ✄

Have a good weekend everybody.

Congratulations and happy anniversary, skoczy!

I'm approaching seven years in May. I found my holy grail amp - McIntyre BluesMaker II at the turn of the century. But when I came across the Kemper Profiler and the philosophy of creating and sharing Profiles, I was immediately sold on the concept. I profiled my amp (and put the profiles in Rig Exchange). Then I delighted at being able to take that sound, my sound with me everywhere.

I was deeply ensconced in the Bose L1 approach to live sound (and still am). The Kemper Profiler, a great microphone and an L1 were all I needed.

• I'm still sitting at the folding card table over in the corner where they put the kids at holidays. November of 2018, so barely over 2 years.

It took a few days to understand how to find the kind of profiles I needed, but by the end of the week I'd found killer profiles for my style of music. That weekend I put an ad in Craigslist and sold every tube amp I owned. I have never once regretted that decision. I love this thing.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• 11/23/2012 (Black Friday Sale - back when they really were sales). It was the below YouTube video that made me think it could work for me. This Rig is one of the Factory Profiles, now :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• New to Kemperland, just over a year now. This thread has answered another of my questions - how long do they keep going - obviously a lot of years!

Wish some of my old valves amps were as robust lol

• 11/23/2012 (Black Friday Sale - back when they really were sales). It was the below YouTube video that made me think it could work for me. This Rig is one of the Factory Profiles, now :)

Dude, if that's the kind of stuff that comes out of your PA system I really need to catch one of your gigs. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Search for “Golub”. From what I remember, It was added to the Factory Content around the same time as the Morgan AC20.

I found 1971 Mars Golub Crch, but this one doesn't have a delay and does not sound with so much clarity :) (I'm playing strat copy)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

One of the problems I am having is that I like certain profiles and tones when "other" people play them and I can sit back and listen (like in vid), but I always seem to want a whole different tone when I play. Is that normal?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.