Any way to get the kemper delay to self oscillate?

• Has anyone had any luck getting the kemper delay to self oscillate. I am using the single delay with the tape delay preset and morphing the feedback to 100%. The delay never self oscillates it just stays at 100% but won't feed back. I've also tried the infinity setting for feedback but since it's not designed to feedback that doesn't work either. Any pointers would be great.

• What do you mean with feedback? Regarding the Kemper delays it's for dialing in the amount of repetitions and has nothing to do with a feedback produced by a guitar and a speaker at high volume.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• What do you mean with feedback? Regarding the Kemper delays it's for dialing in the amount of repetitions and has nothing to do with a feedback produced by a guitar and a speaker at high volume.

He means the old tape effect that you can hear on records over the years where the repeat on the delay goes haywire and does self feedback. Not the guitar feeding back, the actual effect.

Even the end of EVH eruption has it except Eddie manually fades the effect out. You can hear the sound degrading every cycle before he fades it. The sound normally would never fade.
    As the repeats start to freak out, they get more saturated and the sound gets steadily more lo fi and changes drastically.

• He means the old tape effect that you can hear on records over the years where the repeat on the delay goes haywire and does self feedback. Not the guitar feeding back, the actual effect.

Even the end of EVH eruption has it except Eddie manually fades the effect out. You can hear the sound degrading every cycle before he fades it. The sound normally would never fade.
    As the repeats start to freak out, they get more saturated and the sound gets steadily more lo fi and changes drastically.

Yes this is what I'm trying to achieve. Getting the delay repeat to self oscillate getting louder and more gritty. This is something you can achieve with analog delays where if the feedback is louder then 100% gets louder and louder.

• It’s very easy to do with the infinity setting. I use that setting assigned to one of the I-IIII effect switches to engage it for the end of Eruption, for example (most people think it’s a whammy dive bomb, but actually it’s the Echoplex oscillating and Eddie adjusting the tape speed to take the pitch down a couple of octaves).

• I don't how make infinity sound like this

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    . Every time I hit "infinity", delay is very very quiet compared to normal delay. Tried to change mix to post position, still I can't find any way adjust the delay volume in infinity. I just don't understand how to do the same thing as in that tutorial video, where infinity delay gets louder and louder.

Can someone explain to me how to do this? Maybe some preset?

• Well, you just attached a video that explain how to do it with settings and %

so I don´t really understand your question ..... :/

What OS are you running? Maybe these settings did not exist in older OS

like 5.0 or so .... I have no clue :wacko:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• The delay level is controlled my the Mix parameter. If this isn’t loud enough to start with the infinity delays will also be too quiet. However, to make the mix loud enough for the infinity effect you are trying to achieve you might find the regular delay is too loud. Therefore, I would try assigning the mix control to Morph pedal and ride the level of the infinite delay as required.

• I don't how make infinity sound like this

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    . Every time I hit "infinity", delay is very very quiet compared to normal delay. Tried to change mix to post position, still I can't find any way adjust the delay volume in infinity. I just don't understand how to do the same thing as in that tutorial video, where infinity delay gets louder and louder.

Can someone explain to me how to do this? Maybe some preset?

I have the same problem. My analog delay will run away but the kempers delay seems to duck when I play instead of continuing to build. It seems that they programed a max level into the delay instead of letting it get out of control, which can be fun sometimes.

• ¨   Infinity

When you activate "Infinity”, another Action & Freeze function, Feedback will be switched from the regular value (between 0 and 100%) to the Infinity feedback value that spans from 100% to 200% and is separately controllable. This feedback lets the delay repeats build up instead of decaying – this pushes them deeper into tape saturation, where they will repeat indefinitely, as the sound degrades over time. To ensure a pleasing, lush result, you should adjust the sound of the tape saturation with the High Cut and Low Cut parameters. Set Mix Location to "Post” if you wish to control the signal level of the saturated delay by the Mix control.

In contrast to the Freeze function, Infinity Feedback still lets you add more signal to the delay, creating intermodulation with the repeated signal.