Found my perfect cab to go with my Kemper (pics)

• Maybe this could be of some help for those, like me, who are searching for a nice little matching cabinet.

First of all, this is just for my home studio. I don't move my Kemper around. Although it's built good enough for a practice space or live setting.

For months I've been looking at different options for a matching cabinet. I thought of FRFR cabs, Kemper cones but in the end I figured it wasn't for me.
    Today my Marshall Origin 2x12 arrived and I'm very happy with it!

It's a budget cab priced at 300 dollars, 270 euros and is totally worth the money. It holds 2 Seventy 80 Celestions.
    And the main reason I bought it: It matches my Kemper perfectly IMO. Because of the vintage look with similar colors.

The Seventy 80's always get crapped on on the internet but I love them. I've had them before so I knew what to expect.
    I have all sorts of amps and cabinets so this is just one of the options in my studio. And I'm super glad to have them. I'm getting awesome old Marshall tones through them.
    If you only play modern metal I would buy something different though. But for anything rock, blues and clean they sound just great.

Here's the pics:

• Celestion has some new FRFR speakers (F12M Triple Cones) coming out at about $125 ea. So, you can always upgrade. I'm thinking of adding one to one of my other modeling amps.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Do you play thorugh this cabinet with studio profiles or without cabinet portion? Or maybe as Kone with imprints?

• Seventy 80s have ONE spike somewhere around the 4000 hz which make them shrill, take that out and they are fine speakers, which sound good pushed, thats my experience with them. They are cheap but not bad, and the ORI cab looks nice, it just lacks a bit on the sturdy department, corner protections look like a must.

The answer is 42

• cool, I have 2 vertical 2x12 cabs. 1 loaded with kones and 1 loaded with UK V30's.

Hello Muleblues, I'm also thinking about getting 2 kones and put them into a 2x12 cab. How is your experience with that? Which cad did you use? How is the sound difference if you compare the Kone configured to V30 with the real V30s?

never thought that I would like the Kemper that much...! 8|

• Hello Muleblues, I'm also thinking about getting 2 kones and put them into a 2x12 cab. How is your experience with that? Which cad did you use? How is the sound difference if you compare the Kone configured to V30 with the real V30s?

I had the chance to compare creambacks, before switching to kones, the differences are there, like the kone sounding a tad bit HiFi-ish sometimes, but they are minimal in the sound department, it is more a sound pressure and sound dispersion thing, not that kone is bad in that department, it is just different.

The answer is 42

• How have you got them both hooked up to your Kemper?

I don't hook them both up at same time. I had the kones first then I scored a deal on a Carvin 2x12 with V30's for $200 and was comparing the 2 and deciding if which direction I wanted to go. Still have both.

• I had the chance to compare creambacks, before switching to kones, the differences are there, like the kone sounding a tad bit HiFi-ish sometimes, but they are minimal in the sound department, it is more a sound pressure and sound dispersion thing, not that kone is bad in that department, it is just different.

Hello Muleblues, I'm also thinking about getting 2 kones and put them into a 2x12 cab. How is your experience with that? Which cad did you use? How is the sound difference if you compare the Kone configured to V30 with the real V30s?

I also have a marshall 4x12 with a combo of g1265's and 75t's. The 4x12 has more bottom end and the 2x12 has a more focused sound. I found a 80's ADA vert cab with the original speakers for a steal. The real v30's are more brighter than the kones but are so close. If your wanting that "one" sound, V30's or variety kones. I'm enjoying both