Foot Controller options

• Hi all,

I have the Kemper Profiler Head (unpowered; not the PowerHead). As opposed to the Kemper Remote controller, are there any other Foot Controller's out there in the community that are recommended for my Kemper Head? Just looking for some ideas. Thanks in advance!

• I have tried Beringer FCB1010 and RJM Mastermind. Both work well and in many ways are much more flexible than the Remote. However, I ended up going for the Remote as it is just so easy to use with the KPA; no messing around with midi programming just plug and play.

If you only need to control the KPA nothing bears the Remote in my option. BUT if you need to control other midi devices then go for a dedicated midi controller. Which one depends on budget and personal needs. Do you only need midi control or do you want to integrate analog pedals too? If you want to use pedals then RJM Mastermind PBC or GigRig G3 are the two that spring to mind. If you don’t need pedal loops then RJM Mastermind GT is a great choice but I know others ave good things to say about Gordius etc.

• I've used a MP128 MidiBuddy for a while,

then I bought a FCB1010 and, with its original chip, it works very well.

I've just had to spend an afternoon to programm it as I prefer (starting literally form level 0 in MIDI program)

I've made a couple of upgrades/changes in setting after the first initial setup, and I'm going to do another one in the future, but now it just takes 10 minutes to swtich to a new configuration.

Personally I don't think I'll need another MIDI device.. but .. who knows.

• Thank you Wheresthedug and Sollazzon . Much appreciated! Ironically, I was actually eyeing up the FCB1010 as you both have mentioned. While I'd love to eventually get the Remote, its just not in the budget right now.

Sollazzon Knowing you spent an afternoon to program it, its is a major pain to simply assign different rig profiles to each foot preset? That's all I'm really looking to do with it (i.e. foot preset 1 = clean; foot preset 2 = high gain; etc).

• no it takes 10 minutes Once You Know What to do!

That's Why I said I had to start From Level 0.

I've watched THIS VIDEO and followed the explainaton.. step by step. pretty easy.

This my Actual config. where Expression pedals are Always a WHA an a Pitch FX (I'll change it next) but You can Assign different functions to any switch.

in the end You just Have to put Numbers in a grid. but it's necessary You know exactly what a certain number stand for.

it's not difficoult even if it really scares at first sight

• If you want something between Behringer and Kemper quality / price range

I can recommend Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro :thumbup: Built like a tank .....

8 switches for stomps and FX , 4 switches for rigs.

Took one long afternoon to get it up and running ( thanks to internet 8o )

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

Edited once, last by Hoki Toki ().

• Ironically I've Bought the FBC1010 with the Uno4Kemper chip* already installed but It wasn't the last version so it had some limits.

(check it's the Latest version if You're going to buy it) so I swtiched back to the native chip and learned by myself how to make it work as i need it.

*it has a few preset modes already inside You can choose, and it and avoids the need to learn how to programm MIDI if You're comfortble with the way it's been programmed.

• I have the FCB1010 loaded with the EurekaProm 3 chip. Works very well and even allows use of the looper. Only complaint I have is the foot switches are hard to push if you are sitting. I have leg and back disabilities so can’t stand for very long periods of time and sometimes have had some difficulty in pressing the switches. But other than that it does everything I need for my needs

• Check out the MeloAudio Midi Commander. I don't have one myself, but the idea appeals to me . It is smaller and simpler than some of the others (quite inexpensive too). I understand that it comes preprogrammed for Kemper so it is supposed to work right out of the box with minimal set-up time. I believe this comes with some limitations on functionality, so may or may not meet you needs. It does not have an expression pedal, but does have a jack so you can use your own. This is an advantage for some folks who have a particular expression pedal they like, rather than being stuck with what is built into the for controller.

Paul

• I actually built my own controller footboard, using an Arduino.

I've got 24 buttons, a 10" TFT screen, expression pedal (can take 2). Since it's completely custom, I've done things like put in a metronome which flashes on the screen and sets the tap tempo, control over the looper and a bunch of other cool things. For example, after selecting a patch with a button, hitting the same button will set an alternate config for that patch (adding an effect, such as a boost and delay for leads).

It can also mute piezo outputs on my stereo guitars. It can control relays if I want to do bypass looping with pedals. The display screen is incredibly useful, too.

I started with virtually no knowledge of MIDI and little soldering experience... if I can do it, you can. On the other hand, it's been a buttload of work, so unless you enjoy tinkering, it's probably not a good idea. On the plus side, I can do anything with it I want.

I'll post pics.

Richard.

• I have the FCB1010 loaded with the EurekaProm 3 chip. Works very well. I bought the FCB1010 used and then installed the new chip. About $130 all in. It's a good way to go if you are on a tight budget. By the way, the EurekaProm 3 chip easily supports many other devices with the ability to change without pain. Check out their website for details. :)