Advanced MIDI Features

• Typical Gearhead! :D Ain't gonna making your KPA sound better... :rolleyes:

You got that right!! :)

You know I adore my Kemper and yes it won't sound better, but all these nice handy tools will make my back sound better and stop the squeaking sounds from bending over all the time (don't even think about it, you dirt minded full grown man).....to adjust settings and rigs and stomps, etc on the KPA!!!

• Have you mounted your KPA on a pedalboard or what? My one is sitting at a confortably level at the side of ky desk....BTW, for those squeaky noises I would try reducing onions and beans in the diet plan...just saying... :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• :P:P for the onions and beens....hehehe...

You've seen the pics I posted with the recto skin. The level is fine, still I need to move when adjusting things.
    I like the solution in the video, because I can have it in front of me and play around with the settings.

Until of course the time that someone will come up with an application that uses telepathy ;)

• mDan,

cant wait to get the document in hand. This is just in time. I am working up my plans for my next gen "Gig Rig" and NRPN integration will be the key to my success!

See guys, I told you cool stuff will come from this. This is the key to getting software editors and librarians in the works. The iPad/Android apps are already out there as the video demonstrates.

bd

• I'll make a documentation about the advanced MIDI features and as soon as Christoph reviews it it will be released - one thing I can say for now: it really works very well!

Daniel

Daniel,

Any idea on when Christoph will have your Advanced MIDI document reviewed? There's several of us poised and ready to set up advanced iinterfaces to our pc's, pedals, and mobile devices.

Thanks,

bd

• Just going by what we were told and shown in the demo video... will we be getting an advanced midi document?

I have an $1800 KPA sitting in my studio waiting to be added to my live rig... but really need the advanced midi to control various inaccessible settings on the fly.

I really doubt that the knowledge of the NRPN emplementation is going to kill the market for the KPA foot controller Kemper is developing. Users will buy the KPA pedal due to the simplicity and tight integration.

I don't plan to use the KPA foot controller because I have other gear to control as well. Unless the KPA pedal will send midi out of the KPA midi port, I won't be able to use it.

However, users on this forum can benefit from software interfaces that use NRPN as seen in the ipad demo.

Besides... the open nature of cool ipad apps for the KPA would drive the Fractal Audio guys nuts... and possibly catapult the KPA forward from a mass exposure and marketing standpoint.

The #1 KPA complaint is manageability. Wouldn't this be a step in the right direction?

So... Can we PLEASE have the NRPN documentation?

Thanks,

musicman65