Do you watch That Pedal Show?

• For those who aren't familiar with it, TPS is a long running YouTube show that focuses on guitar pedals.

I put this in the Other Gear section for the same reason that I asked the question. With a Kemper, pedals become "other gear." There's a full suite of effects, reverbs etc. so it's not at all unusual for people to run a Kemper and nothing else. That's my own approach, and I love the simplicity of it.

While I've never been a huge effects / pedals guy (I have maybe a dozen, trivial in comparison to many), it's truly a golden age for those who are. There are a gazillion makers out there doing some excellent stuff, so if you're into pedals it's got to feel like being a kid in a candy store. For those who are effects wizards, many will extol the virtues of analog pedals when compared to digital effects, just like for many years no digital product could ever compare with a tube amp. And even in areas where the Kemper's effects can stand shoulder to shoulder with stomp boxes, there's something to be said for making a pedal that does one and only one thing, and making it as good as it can possibly be.

When I bought the Kemper I sold all my tube amps. I didn't sell my pedals because they're probably not worth much anyway, so why not keep them around? But they gather dust in a closet, as everything I need comes out of a little green toaster. However, because the Kemper feels so much like an actual amp, I was curious as to how common it is for people to just treat it like one, huge pedal collection and all. And watch GAS inducing shows like TPS.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Yep, I am a fan. I love how they dig into things. They have had a couple of shows where they dig into Overdrives. I found those very interesting.

I am an overdrive addict. I have a bunch of OD pedals that I will never sell. I find that when I am searching for something, I can cycle through them and usually find what I am looking for or very close. I would not be surprised if at some point I use some of them with my Kemper. It will all depend on if I feel like I need something that I am not getting from the Kemper drives at that moment.

• Big shout out for 'The Duelist" if we're talking pedals. recommended on TPS.

Not tried it with my Kemper though.

I love the organic feel of pedals through my Victory V40.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• I've watched a few episodes and they've been interesting from a sociological standpoint. However, the subject matter isn't relevant to me.

I own two Profilers, and it's because it's easy to find Rigs that work. If I make any changes, I can save them or more likely create Performances of the sounds I want to use again and again. Paradoxically, I don't much care if a Profile sounds like a specific amp. That is - it's not relevant to me if the Profiles are accurate. I want tones that sound good.

I've been playing through modellers and multi-whatever units for fifteen years. Before that, I got what I wanted with the controls on my amps. A little delay could be nice, but it wasn't essential.

In 2014, I got the Kemper Profiler because it gave me the shortest path to playing music instead of playing gear.

• Klon clone, Damage Control Womaniser, a couple of Danelectro OD's, Old Dunlop Crybaby and my newest addition thanks to a forum member here, the Digitech Freqout.

Also got a fcb 1010 midi controller if the mood takes me

Oh, and a couple of That Pedal Show T shirts lol

• SW finally shipped my TC Helix Phaser that I ordered last year. It was the last "stereo" pedal I needed to finish my board. I run two tubes in stereo for my home studio fun. I like TC pedals because of the TonePrint options.

I've watched TPS a couple of times. I'm really not into all these amateur pedals all over the web even though some may be very good. I just have the basic 5 effect pedal setup with an EQ, Looper, and Tuner. I really depend on effects for inspiration rather than specific tones.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.