I get leakage (i.e. bleed, background noise...) from other tracks into the bass track, particularly when reamping. That is, I can hear the drums in a mild background of my reamped bass track. No idea why this happens, and whether it has to do with the KPA to begin with, but it's really annoying. Things I've noticed related to this are:
- The leak is already in the DI track (almost imperceptible), which I later reamp.
- The leak is noticeable with specific profiles. Imperceptible with others. I would assume those with a specific frequency or impulse response let the noise through.
- The more gain, the more noticeable the leak is
- The leak is imperceptible with guitar profiles, as far as I can remember.
- The leak is mostly cymbals and hihats. That's the noise that leaks through mostly into my reamped bass track.
If anybody has any idea on how I could get rid of this for good, I would be eternally grateful.
Stay well y'all