Taking rigs off of the profiler and putting them into local library

• hey guys,

I recently downloaded the Tone Junkie free profiles pack and imported them into my local library in the Rig Manager. I then uploaded them into the profiler stage. I guess I didn't realize just how many rigs were in the pack because there is just about double the factory installed rigs on the unit now. Although there are many great profiles in that pack, I'm frankly not going to use them all...not even close.

The thing I'd like to do is take them off of the profiler and just have them in the local library. This way I can preview/edit them inside Rig manager and then when I find something I'd like to have permanently on the profiler I can just copy/move the rig there.

So the question is...How can I get them off of the profiler, essentially undo the action of putting them there?

• With a toaster or rackmount profiler, you have to delete each profile individually (I guess the same for Stage). Using Rig Manager, you can select multiple rigs and delete just like you would do in the OS File Explorer.

If you have a rig loaded, turn the BROWSE so you se the rig in the browse window. In upper left corner you have a soft button marked DELETE. Choose that and follow the instructions.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• quick tip if you delete the rigs that are on your Profiler via Rig Manager: Don't select and delete all at once.

Every time i do this, the synch doesn't work between profiler and rig manager. It takes forever until i 'm tired of waiting and close everything for a restart.

Just select like 10 profiles and delete them, then the next 10. For me it's the only safe and fastest option.

• I have a folder in Local Library, and also have a folder on my desktop with all my profiles. I copy profiles to both places after creating them.

Instead of loading an entire package onto the Kemper, a better practice would be to load them into a folder under Local Library (mine is called New) ,then demo them by either double clicking on them or using the left and right arrow keys and ENTER. Only put the ones you really like on the profiler, and remove the rest from the New folder.

I also have a "Check again later" folder for profiles that I'm not quite sure about, and deserve another listen at another time.

I used to have the same problem that spotter has, but that was a long while ago. Since the latest version of RM, I haven't had any problems deleting a bunch of profiles at once.

• Thanks guys. I just experimented with what you all described.

I see that in Rig Manager i can delete profiles from "my profiler" yet still keep them on my local library.

It stinks that I'll have to go through the delete process like this but live and learn i guess!

Thanks Again

• It stinks that I'll have to go through the delete process like this but live and learn i guess!

Consider yourself lucky mate.

Back in the days before Rig Manager you'd have had to do this one-Rig-at-a-time using the soft-key-delete option on your Profiler.

• I have a folder in Local Library, and also have a folder on my desktop with all my profiles. I copy profiles to both places after creating them.

I enthusiastically agree with this approach.

Like a lot of you guys, I make a living with computers so my perspective is very computer-centric. To me, a file doesn't exist unless it's on one of my computers that gets backed up. I have this same philosophy with my phone and iPads. I store and manage all files on my computer and only copy them to the iGizmos (I guess the Kemper would be a kGizmo) as needed. If a file is created on a Gizmo, I immediately copy it to its proper directory on the backed up computer.

So, with rigs I take a similar approach. After downloading them I first copy them to a subfolder in my Kemper folder on the computer. I then drag them into Rig Manager local library (which uses an in depth folder structure) to get them into the Kemper ecosystem. From there I can copy to the Kemper as needed, and only the rigs that are actually in use. I currently have hundreds of profiles in the local library. The Kemper has 16.

A profile only lives on the Kemper if it's something I'd need when I leave the house. If it's studio stuff, I just bring it up in Rig Manager from the local library to avoid cluttering the Kemper. Fewer things to browse through on the device, less stuff to manage.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10