Using with a Behringer RX1602 Mixer

• I've been using my profiler with a Behringer RX 1602 mixer for a number of different configurations (spit the kemper monitor out and send to parallel rack and/or pedal effects back into the mixer, then also run the kemper main outs to the mixer etc...).

Lately I think some type of noise is creeping into this signal. The kemper can sound dull, phasey, just missing some touch sensitivity after I've been play for a while. I thought maybe I was imagining it or it was ear fatigue as when I would come back the next day it would sound fine.

Now I think it may be the mixer. When I use the headphones out on the kemper I don't seem to have this issue.

Anyone else running this type of setup and have a similar experience? Is it just time I drop some cash on a better mixer (Ashly etc..)?

• I bought the V2 version of the Behringer RX1602 a few month ago and have it in my setup since then. It collects different sources incl. my Kemper and puts them onto my monitors. All good there. It sounds pretty neutral and is pretty pragmatic for what I need. No changes in the sound over time.

Compared to the excellent headphone out at the Kemper itself there is a slight difference. But actually not super much and keeping the parameters like Space, Purecab etc. on exact same level it is not much noticable.

Make sure that the levels are properly adjusted, i.e. the Kemper gives enough output so that you don't need to crank the Behringer up very much. Also make sure that all other channels are muted when you check the sound. "Dull and phasey" might indicate that you route the Kemper signal through different channels on the mixer. I assume you just use exactly one channel for the Kemper, right?

• Hey thanks for the response. Yes, 1 channel for the kemper main outs. But also up to 3 other channels that started with the kemper monitor out split going into different effects then into different mixer channels.

So I can have up to 4 channels for the kemper technically.

• Ok, that might work but it might also be a source for what you described in your first post, especially phase issues. You might want to give it a try first without all the additional channels and listen for some time to the pure Kemper main outs. That should be pretty similar to the headphone out. If that is fine then slowly add one channel after the other of the additional ones. So you can identify which of these creates the sound issues...